• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 12/30/13: Camp Smoky Christian Retreat DGC in Sevierville, TN

dusty5150

Double Eagle Member
Camp Smoky Christian Retreat DGC in Sevierville, TN

No rating, No reviews.

Hole #1, no info, no distance, no par.

6a928eae.jpg

:thmbdown:

Since the HOD sucks, I'm going to pick a real one from my home course :)

Christie Lake Conservation Area

Course rating 3.60 from 10 reviews.

Hole #13 [Little or no elevation]
Red 240 ft (3) White 420 ft (4)

Red tee:
77cd235f.jpg

Basket:
459e2791.jpg

The pro tee is straight back from the short tee.

The basket is tucked just off the right at the end of the fairway.

Tip from me - from the shorts a RHFH or RHBH anhyzer is the shot. from the longs most players layup with a midrange or putter to around the short tee, or just past it. Unless you can throw 400+ on a frozen rope, that's the safe play.

I'm not even going to throw a disc down into that abyss for the real HOD.

For my HOD, The shorts is usually a fuse or a spike. The longs I'll throw a fuse or warship and try to setup for an easy 3. If it's doubles and my partner's in a good spot I'll try a hyzerflip Fury or Renegade and try to get down there farther.

Short: RHFH Star Orc
Long: RHBH Neutron Amp hyzer flip as long and straight as possible

Red- a rhfh buzzz on a bit of an anny release to avoid the guardian tree on the left.

White - probably a teebird or something bright that I can find well in the woods lol

Have played this course many times.

S - Ontario Roc
L - Memorial stamped Buzz to the short tee pad or just past then a Ontario Roc or Flick a TeeRex.

Wizard for the birds :thmbup:

I'll write about the real HOD. It is a summer camp for kids, so most of us wouldn't need more than a mid. The first hole is about 170' downhill with a guardian tree (not very big) that prevents a forehand run at the basket. You are throwing down into the ravine, but the basket is toward the bottom so you don't run too big of a risk by throwing at it. I played a Zone in there RHBH for an easy 2. Overall, there were shots on this course that really frustrated me because they punish a bad throw, but they reward good throws with easy birds. There were a few holes that were ace runs, and some that were on the side of steep hills making a run at the hole treacherous. All in all, I would go back and play again. I work for a Christian camp myself, so putting that in my email made it really easy to get in to play.

Latest posts