• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 5/9/2014: Flink Park Hole 6 in Highland Park, IL

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
This is my first time trying to create the HOD Page but here goes nothing...

Course Rating of 2.10 from 15 reviews.

Hole 6, Par 3, 298 ft

Tee Sign:
a24b32f0.jpg

Tee to Basket:
43fa8bdc.jpg

Attachments

• 43fa8bdc.jpg
    43fa8bdc.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 5
  • a24b32f0.jpg
    a24b32f0.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 4
Hey, this is the course where I do all my field work! Fun little 9 to play with a stack of mids, and you can make some excellent safari holes.

Hole plays ever so slightly uphill. There is a walking path about 20-25ft past the basket and bushes that drop off to a creek behind that.

Usually I just throw a Roc straight at it.

I also like to throw high flat stall shot over the small tree in the back of the right edge of the fairway, challenging the tall tree behind it, letting the disc crash at the basket. My only ace on this hole is throwing that route.

Oh the joys of a straight ahead open shot. It could be one of the following depending on my mood at the tee.

RGL Spike straight at it RHBH. OG Wizard on a little bit of hyzer at it RHBH. Z MRV or ESP Comet straight at it if I'm not throwing my putters well. If I'm feeling saucy, maybe an Opto Trident RHFH since I need practice at it. Or if I'm just trying to play for fun, thumber with an ESP Venom because that would most likely yield a birdie for me every time.

OG Wizard to putt regardless of disc thrown.

I played this course a few weeks ago and it was crazy windy on this hole.

I threw a Firebird out to the right and had it crash back left.

On a calm day id run it with a Buzz

RHBH 150 Champ Leopard

One of my old home courses; ah, the memories.