• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 7/13/2018: Root River Parkway DGC Hole 16 in Greendale, WI

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 3.03 from 20 reviews

Hole 16
Par 3
Am: 239 ft.
Pro: 444 ft.

Tip By: Horsman
From the Long tee. Its very tough to get to the left position but it can be done with just a huge power hyzer. Really this hole is about pure distance. The woods on the left are also very unforgiving so make sure you get it right enough.

Tee:
5bc1f4a5.jpg

Approach:
03449cd4.jpg

Course Map

AAAAHHHHH!!!! It is a course I actually have played a lot, this is exciting. I even helped put in the tees on this course. Horsman is exactly right on this particular hole. The tree line all along this course is absolute jail. I think these pictures are slightly old so there isn't one of the pro tee but it is open out right and long. On the course map you can see Pins A, B, and C. A is fairly open and straight, tucked behind the one tree in the Approach picture. B is tucked into the left where the red line is drawn. C is in the woods to the right of the tree in the approach picture. It has been cleared some since this pic was taken.

Last edited:
Am: Roc3 to the A location. M2 straight at the B location. Leopard straight at the C location. Pure to finish.
Pro: Cannon out right staying out in the fairway before making my approach. Pure to finish.

Roc3 hyzer
P-FD playing for 3

CGC-MD3 or P2 depending how I'm feeling that day.

S-PD as far as I can get it, hope for a jump putt, likely playing for the 3.

From the long its a destroyer to all the positions. A and B are easy enough to get to for the bigger arms but the new C location is a 500'ish shot. I have yet to get that one yet but its generally not there.

From the short is a firebird hyzer to the A and B and a roc to get to C

Comet to the shorts

Saint to the longs, just trying to keep it out of trouble and play for pars

Am: Mako3 hyzer if needed
Pro: Teebird wide right, Teebird spike hyzer or Mako3 approach

Am-DX Leo 150g
Pro-TP Underworld

Buzzz from short

Horsman & frito scared me, so I'll just go Star Teebird full power off the tee and then approach from there.

I played the Long tees here a couple years ago, right after the course opened. I remember throwing an Outlaw on this hole wide right, with an easy Wizard upshot for par.

Scale from the short tees.

Felon from the short pad, Trespass from the longs