• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 8/10/2015: Iron Hill Hole 1 in Newark, DE

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 4.20 from 62 reviews.

Hole 1
Red: 200 ft. Par 3
White: 305 ft. Par 3
Silver: 485 ft. Par 3
Gold: 605 ft. Par 4

White Tee:
45f13f57.jpg

Gold Tee:
b50a14e4.jpg

Approach:
482adf46.jpg

Silver and Gold Baskets:
6f42b68f.jpg

Course Map

Red: Opto Pure
White: Flick a 3Bird
Silver: If I feel really good I will try flicking a Blizzard Boss. Most likely I will try to flick a Champ Boss around the dogleg
Gold: Probably throw a Star Tern RHBH to the dogleg and then turn the corner with a Volt or 3Bird

Hole 1
Red: Nova
White:Roc3
Silver: Thunderbird try to sneak around the corner clean up with nova
Gold: Destroyer to the corner slightly around hopefully clean up with Roc or nova depending on placement

Shorts - (RHFH) Zone or 11x Firebird depending on distance to pin
Longs - (RHFH) FR Rampage

Gold - rhfh sidewinder, if I get to/past the log pile rhbh dx stingray. If I get the corner short of the log pile rhfh sidewinder. If I don't get to the corner usually a rhfh predator to somewhere around the silver basket, wizard approach.

You think it's a big dog-leg, but if want to stay in the fairway don't fade hard.

Rest -- eh, only Jimi cares about the other layouts. :)

Red: 200 ft. Par 3 - - Stand and deliver FLX Buzzz if head wind, no wind Judge
White: 305 ft. Par 3 - - Nice and smooth Pearly pre Barry Beast
Silver: 485 ft. Par 3 - - Tresspass bombed around the dogleg
Gold: 605 ft. Par 4 - - Tresspass bombed around the dogleg

BTW, I'm LBH so my lines play a bit different than RBH. And having played this course a few thousand times, I play these shots in my sleep/dreams all the time

Roc short.

Leopard long and go from there.

Maybe a beat Wraith from the longest if I'm feeling froggy.

I throw a champ firebird thumber to the dogleg and then a dx roc down to the pin on the gold. it is tempting to try and get around the corner but every year i see lots of top players end up scrambling from short or long of the corner. Same plan for silver but a putter upshot.

from the short pad its an aviar to the silver and a fury turnover to the gold.