• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade Disc Golf Bag

Pain21

Hey everyone, i'm still on my first year playing disc golf, and i'm only 14, and i'm also broke :p, which is why I came up with this idea..

I've been using one of my old backpacks for my disc golf bag, but it's really old, my drink constantly falls out of the side pocket it comes with, and it sags pretty bad so I am trying to come up with an idea similair to the gateway backpack.. (http://gdstour.com/gateway_backpack.php)

The main problem is, family is in a bit of a rough spot, and i'm on a very tight budget (which is why i'm not just buying an innova beginner bag, or a fade crunch bag, I think that's what it's called anyway..). And i'm trying to come up with a way to somehow give my old beatup backpack some type of shape/form. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could go about this? I would also need to somehow make it practical.. I'm trying to get it as close as I can to the gateway backpack.

I came up with a few ideas..

1) Some type of foam of some sort.. I can't put my finger on it, but I can imagine it working.. A flexible foam board or something..
Pro: Could be flexible, durable, not so sure about water resistant, probably not though.
Con: Not sure on the price, could get expensive, lol, i'm trying to get as close to free as possible, cause im completely broke, and its kinda tough time for family right now so extra money isn't easy to come by.
2) Plastic
Pro: Water resistant, not so sure about flexible, probably limited flexability.
Con: Would probably pretty hard to come by, and theres a few more things, 1. could get expensive 2. It's a disc golf bag, it could get broken easily.. im not going to be tossing it/throwing it onto the ground or anything, but stuff happens, and it would suck to break.. 3. It might be pretty dang hard to get the correct shape, out of it, or pretty hard to get it to be able to frame something.
3) Wood
Pro: Durable. Water Resistant. Not a horrible idea..
Con: Would have to be thin, but not too thin, don't want it breaking or anything.. Would have to be smoothed out, don't want it too rugged so it would tear up my backpack/discs bouncing ontop of the wood might not be good.. Might get a little costy.. Kind of alot of work to get this idea goin..
4) Rubber I just brainstormed this one..
Pro: Very durable, water resistant, semi flexible..
Con: Might get expensive, might be hard to cut or shape, and then it might be even harder to keep a shape..

Please try to keep in mind that i'm tryin my best to work around the money issue, and these ideas may not be the best, but then again, it's all I could come up with..

Thanks for reading.

-Pain21

friend of mine uses an dish drying rack...
its been cut down to fit his bag, but it holds the bag square and it keeps all his discs in order, you can tell from 5 ft away if he's missing one cause there will be a gap

i'm currently tryin to "rig up " some thing for myself too and thats what i'm lookin for

Latest posts