• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

houston area

elevated plastic

Double Eagle Member
I'm coming to Houston March 9-13 for a wedding. I have a lot of stuff to do with the girls family and what not but you know i'm bringing discs. I'm for sure playing atleast 1-2 courses. What are the must play courses in Houston or up to an hour outside downtown. Thanks:)

Houston's Best Courses:

1. Spring Valley - North 30 miles. Private course with pro shop and golf course. 3$ to play but worth every penny. On site bathrooms, maps, food, etc.

2. Jack Brooks - Cedar Hills - South 30 miles. 2 - 18 hole courses about 30-45min south of downtown. Cedar Hills is super challenging and fun. Print maps out before hand.

3. Mozola - Downtown - fun 9 hole course with very scenic views of downtown houston. Easy to get to.

Other courses close to town that are worth considering are Agnes Moffitt and MacGregor. There are also alot of courses far north of town.

Of the stuff I have played I'd say go up toward Conroe and play Spring Valley then hit Mcdade.

Play Windwood. It's a lot of fun and and good 1-2 with Spring Valley. Northside is a great 9-hole.

Looks like alot of the close courses are HOA owned. Who wants to let em park at their house so i don't get towed? Anybody want to meet up and play a few holes?

Hey there elevated, maybe my brother in law and I can run that way and play a round or two with you, Houston isn't too far for us to drive down and meet up for a round. You showed us Zephyr and Bijou, but we haven't really played any Houston courses yet.

Depending on how long you have on that Saturday, you may want to consider Moffitt since it's closer to you. They have a weekly League there around noon, but most get there around 10 or so. I haven't checked, but Moffitt Show will be happening in March....just don't know WHAT weekend. Now, that's a really kewl tournament! It's 2 rounds and each player gets 5 cards to play against the other members on their card. The 5 cards require the recipient to execute different shots (opposite hand putt, thumber, side arm, pancake, roller). If you don't throw that particular shot correctly, it's a stroke, but you can use a mulli for another throw of your choice. Big awards ceremony at Brittmore Ice House afterwards. Pretty much an all-day event. Have fun where ever you play!

Windwood and Spring Valley are must plays. Also, get a hold of JRW to play Oak Meadows. Its private, but he can get you in there, and that is also a must play course. Northside Church is only 4 miles from Spring Valley and its a nice challenging 9-hole course

Moffit is fun, but its mostly flat, and not super challenging. It is the oldest disc golf course in Houston I believe. I will pm you with my information and I can see if I can meet up with you and play a round or two with you when you are down here.

It's looking like friday is the day to disc and maybe sunday. I'm going to play spring valley for sure and 1 more undecided course. Travel tag coming to Houston if anyone wants to play.

Latest posts