• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you approach from 150-200ft?

Buzzz or Medium Magic...I take whatever line will keep me no further than 10' past the basket

I'd either use my Mako or Pig depending on the line. Wide open field or with room to work... Pig. If it's tight... Mako.

What would you call it then?

Inquiring minds want to know. 200' I would say has gotten to be about the limit of my approach range maybe. Although I think I might be tempted to try to get a Leopard a little further from a standstill frisbee like toss but accuracy is definately going down hill at that point.

I do that same thing the guy in the one DGA video does explaining approaches with a Fuse most of the time but a Leopard for those longer ones like I said. I just use a bit more hip. Kind of a work in progress though as I have tried to use it to make ace runs on ~200' and tend to try to hard and yank a little right placing me about 20' out.

If im trying to make it... Bottom stamp rancho roc.. 180g.. I have made so many from 100+ with this disc it makes me sick, I have no idea why this disc works so well for me but it really does.

Under 100... I'd throw either a dart or XD depending on mood.

200' I would say has gotten to be about the limit of my approach range maybe.
That's what makes it a good question. It's at the top range of what people would call an approach.

I throw my Wizard most of the time unless the shot calls for something special. For example I might use a Spirit for a really high, steep hyzer line. For the Wizard shots that's to the point where I'm using a control/fan type grip (the one I use for putting and playing catch or Ultimate). I'm probably using a bit of a run up at 150' and I might even use a full run up at 200'. I should probably try throwing at the 200' range using a power grip from a standstill (I honestly don't know how good or bad I'd be at it), but that's a part of my game that's been pretty solid since I started so I never really saw the need to try anything else.

My Skeeter will get er done most of the time...straight and floats softly into birdie land...ahhhh, smell the Skeeter!

150-200 aint an "approach".

What is it then? under 200 is no drive and over 150 is not a putt. It must be an approach shot then right? It all depends on the green and line to the basket but most of the time I'm throwing 1 of 3 rocs, star if i need some fade or a hyzer line, dx for a straight shot or beat kc pro if i need a little turn or anny line, maybe my putter soft magnet if i'm running at it. 150-200 though i'm looking to be at the base of the pin, running at it only in casual/dubs rounds or there's a good backstop.

Depends on the line and ceiling. Putter most of the time, midrange if I have specific fade or ceiling problems.

I Throw one of my KC Pro Rocs, depending on what lies ahead will determine if I use the beat in one or my newer one.

Probably an Ion or Voodoo at it unless the terrain/obstacles call for something faster. Always go for it unless it really counts then I may lay up under the basket

If the shot is pretty open I would use either a rhyno or a roc. If you need to bend it around to the left (RHBH) I would use a stingray. If you need to hyzer it around to the right depending on how severe I would either use a roc, an eagle or a firebird.

I'd probably throw a Buzzz FLX or my Striker, depending on wind. If it is a really hard dogleg, maybe the Halo.

Latest posts