• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you clean your discs?

Whoa whoa wait.. were supposed to clean them.. haha.. never..

Closest thing mine get to a warshing is a shank shot in to the drink then wipe until dry with towel..

It depends on how nasty they are and if they have any sap or other nastiness on them. For accumulated dirt over the course of playing, I will just use warm water and then dry them with a dish towel or paper towels. If they are exceptionally nasty, I will use either a little rubbing alcohol applied to a paper towel before using water on them, or I will just go soap and water.

I've never met anyone who actually cleans their discs... But I play in the Pacific Northwest, so they either get soaked with dew in the morning rounds or rained on at least 320 days out of the year. Therefore I always carry a towel, and they're constantly being wiped clean. I've never had to clean a disc except for the brand new Viking I chucked into a pile of dog crap. I should probably clean the blood off of one of my TLs, but it doesn't affect the flight, so what do I care?

I don't. I just wipe em' down if they get dirty while playing.
Same.

But I play in the Pacific Northwest, so they either get soaked with dew in the morning rounds or rained on at least 320 days out of the year.
No PNW here, but a bit of rain or dew every once in a while helps deal with any fine grit that a simple towel wipe won't deal with.

Where are you throwing them that they "dirty?" Into the mud?

Unless they're caked with mud that could affect flight, I don't.

When I do, simple hot water from the sink faucet, or if that's not available, the nearest pond, river or puddle.

I use dish soap and wash em like dishes. Poison ivy likes to climb up trees on my favorite course and if my disc brushes by it I wash the whole lot of them when I get home. There was a time years ago that I didn't wash them and I was getting random specs of poison ivy rash showing up on my skin every couple days until I washed them.

I use dish soap and wash em like dishes. Poison ivy likes to climb up trees on my favorite course and if my disc brushes by it I wash the whole lot of them when I get home. There was a time years ago that I didn't wash them and I was getting random specs of poison ivy rash showing up on my skin every couple days until I washed them.

This is why I should wash mine more than I do. We were playing a local course here and there's something in there that I'm allergic to (not poison oak or ivy since it doesn't leave the smear marks like I rubbed up against it) and so far I haven't gotten the itchies off of a disc but there's a first time for everything...