• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you keep score?

madman1101

Par Member
I started out keeping score in my head, then moved to paper and pencil, finally i'm where i'm at now. On the android market (i guess it's "google play" now) there is an app called "Easy Score". It works very well on my phone, and has great features. I can program different courses with par, distance, different tees, etc. How do you keep score? what's the most unique thing you've ever seen? What do you use?

The Easy Score app is free and allows me to post scorecards to facebook, great for letting friends see my scores as well as theirs when they play with me! It even keeps stats and averages and everything! I LOVE IT! Haven't found anything quite like this for all you iPhone users out there.

Nice, my buddy uses that same app. I couldn't find it in the sh!tty apple app store though. :thmbdown:

I use a digital score keeper when I can. I'm all paper right now because my last one died, they are generally pieces of sh*t from China... Though I haven't been recording score lately just trying to get out and play without worrying about it. First tourney of the year for me is next Saturday so I guess time to start.

Last edited:
When I first started playing, I would write everything down by hand. I even made a small notebook with labels for courses with specific par and distance information. Then I upgraded my phone.

Now I use Easy Scorecard Pro on my Android device. Well worth $2. In tournaments, I ignore course par altogether and count ups and downs against 27 strokes per nine holes. Of course, I enter all my rounds here on DGCR. And I'm annoyed that the PDGA app is only for iPhone.

Anyone know if there is a DGCR app coming for those of us with poor connections to the interwebz on our mobile devices?

Discasaurus on iPhone allows stat tracking, etc on their website. It even posts to a leaderboard so you can compare yourself to others using the same app.

^^ Hasn't' played Nevin :D. You better be good with Calculus. :hfive:

This. :thmbup: When the numbers aren't just 2's through 4's, even I get flustered, and I'm a math teacher; Calculus does NOT help. Then again, we could just improve our games and shoot 54's consistently at Nevin... :D

This. :thmbup: When the numbers aren't just 2's through 4's, even I get flustered, and I'm a math teacher; Calculus does NOT help. Then again, we could just improve our games and shoot 54's consistently at Nevin... :D

I couldn't think of another advanced math name :doh:. I'm a business major for a reason :D.

From Caddyshack:

Judge Smails: Ty, what did you shoot today?
Ty Webb: Oh, Judge, I don't keep score.
Judge Smails: Then how do you measure yourself with other golfers?
Ty Webb: By height

When I first started playing, I would write everything down by hand. I even made a small notebook with labels for courses with specific par and distance information. Then I upgraded my phone.

Now I use Easy Scorecard Pro on my Android device. Well worth $2. In tournaments, I ignore course par altogether and count ups and downs against 27 strokes per nine holes. Of course, I enter all my rounds here on DGCR. And I'm annoyed that the PDGA app is only for iPhone.

Anyone know if there is a DGCR app coming for those of us with poor connections to the interwebz on our mobile devices?

What's the difference between free and pro? I have yet to upgrade.

This, except there are some courses I play as all par 4 to make the math easier.

Considering I actually do watch ball golf sometimes, I might try this sometime since you would end up at par 72. That, and I might feel better about any 2's I get, because I'd be thinking about all of them as eagles! Boom! :hfive:

I couldn't think of another advanced math name :doh:. I'm a business major for a reason :D.

So understanding losses and gains (relative to par, of course) make you perpetual scorekeeper? I wonder if disc golf scores respond to market fluctuations...

I have an engineering background, so design and Calculus I can do. I've been secretly working on course layouts for some local parks (they don't know it yet), and some homegrown basket designs for future patenting. I'd probably have prototypes if tourneys were cheaper. :|

I also use Easy Scorecard. Easy to use, free, keeps track of your past rounds and how long it takes, tee off order. Funny feature when you ace a hole!

But it sucks juice, I gotta keep taking the phone out, and rain/water/drops/bumps are a concern. I'm thinking about getting a bead counter from that guy on the market place. Something worth considering imo.

I don't want my phone on the course. It does obnoxious things which allows the world to bother me during rounds. I leave the phone in the car and resort to ancient methods.

A week after a round, even a tournament round I generally have no memory of the scores I shot. I may remember playing well or poorly or cashing or winning or not but even those details fade quickly. Yesterday's rounds are over today's rounds are what matter.

There is a website, Discgolfscene.com which tracks scores. I belong to the site but have never posted a score on there. Tournament and league scores are entered automatically. I like that it tracks aces which I otherwise wouldn't do on my own.

I started out keeping score in my head, then moved to paper and pencil, finally i'm where i'm at now. On the android market (i guess it's "google play" now) there is an app called "Easy Score". It works very well on my phone, and has great features. I can program different courses with par, distance, different tees, etc. How do you keep score? what's the most unique thing you've ever seen? What do you use?

The Easy Score app is free and allows me to post scorecards to facebook, great for letting friends see my scores as well as theirs when they play with me! It even keeps stats and averages and everything! I LOVE IT! Haven't found anything quite like this for all you iPhone users out there.

Madman, you also just created a thread asking how to start a league.

If you are serious about running a league, you will have to use scorecards.

The sound of using pencil and paper may sound antiquated, but its the only way.

Practice good habits now to prepare yourself and others for bigger events.

Latest posts