• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How would you play this hole.

Toznak

Par Member

370 to pin. Creek is 310 off pin thats 20 wide.
Ob creek to the right all the way.

Basket is to the right of my bag 70 past it.

From the looks of it, not reachable from the tee except with bomber tomahawk? Creek 310 off pin? Does it cross the fairway? If so, i'm laying up to that with all the trees lining end of the open fairway.

From the looks of it, not reachable from the tee except with bomber tomahawk? Creek 310 off pin? Does it cross the fairway? If so, i'm laying up to that with all the trees lining end of the open fairway.

Yup runs right of the fairway till about 310 then crosses right to left the whole way.

Lay up with a straight ROC shot pitch up and take a 3. Let everyone else try to duece it and risk the ob

If I'm being ballsy I'm throwing my Wraith right down the middle on a little flip and hoping it gets through and on the other side. If I'm playing smart, likely a Truth or Claymore to the creek, lay up for 3.

If I'm being ballsy I'm throwing my Wraith right down the middle on a little flip and hoping it gets through and on the other side. If I'm playing smart, likely a Truth or Claymore to the creek, lay up for 3.

Same, but sub in Teebird/PD and Comet/Pure.

My most beat Wraith will rope line out to 330' and kept low to prevent a fading wing angle, slide pretty much straight on hard ground for another 10-15'... a decent look for a bird.

The basket is sitting on the right behind the creek. Making it important that you don't fade much at all if going for it.

Probably a beat up Destroyer on a low line drive. It won't flip so much that the OB comes in to play, but I'll get enough extra D to hopefully give me a putt for bird or at least an easy up and down.

I would probably go for it with a straight Orc. It looks like a tough hole that you wouldn't ever need to birdie, but would just be a bonus. If my percentage of birdie is better/equal to my chance of bogey I would probably try to 2 it.

What I "used" to do and am trying to stop..

1. Throw all kinds of different discs and lines until I park one
2. Convince myself that the parked shot is easy to duplicate
3. Play the hole for the next 6 months trying to duplicate said parked shot
4. Realize that said parked shot was in fact NOT easily duplicated (due to lack of form and ability) as demonstrated by multiple bogeys.
5. Finally, (after the hole has been a blemish on otherwise decent rounds), decide to layup by the creek with a Roc or Patriot and be happy when/if par is achieved each time.

Talk about stubborn and idiotic. That is me. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

4. Realize that said parked shot was in fact NOT easily duplicated (due to lack of form and ability) as demonstrated by multiple bogeys.
5. Finally, (after the hole has been a blemish on otherwise decent rounds), decide to layup by the creek with a Roc or Patriot and be happy when/if par is achieved each time.

In other words....it sounds to me like what you are doing is just fine.

I do the same thing as well until I actually replicate the shot. It might take me a year to do it but I'll still be stubborn and continue to try. Once I replicate the shot I reevaluate the hole and play the smart shot.

Hyzerflip a beat Trak to just short of the creek. Champ SW if I am trying to get over it.

Latest posts