• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How would you thow this hole?

Kaikias

Birdie Member
This is Bart in Austin, TX #2. There is a creek on the Left side that is about 15 - 20 feet down. The basket is about 150 - 175 feet away and about a 10 foot drop. Anything fades past that second big tree on the left is in the creek. The black lines are where the trees and bushes have grown closing the hole. Red is the basket.

Attachments

• 2128533f.jpg
    2128533f.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 170
at that d id probably go over the top with a thumber. or straight at it with my ion.:thmbup:

i would probably throw a over-stable tomahawk or even a thumber. I could thread that needle. i found that practicing my overhand throws from OB situations or when your path in front of you is blocked, makes for some nice technique when presented with a hole like this..... maybe even a roller if the clearing on the other side of the foliage isn't to far from the tee.

LOL I think I thought those lines drawn in there were branches. Without those, my ION could hit that hole pretty well. Still think I would get a nice high thumber over top.

What about the gap on the left? See blue area in pic below...

picture.php

Either a Voodoo on a big anny (RHBH) or a RHFH something. My FH is is crap, but I could probably get something through. Seems very risky to go throw the hole.

soft hyzer LHBH with a zone

Take the trees out of play as much as possible... thumb it!

How about taking a chainsaw and clearing the area, thus eliminating the obstacles.. No just kidding. I am getting better throwing a thumber, or maybe something understable through the blue area.

How about taking a chainsaw and clearing the area, thus eliminating the obstacles.. No just kidding.

I've noticed that if trees get hit enough they tend to lose branches. Course maintenance! haha

What about the gap on the left? See blue area in pic below...

picture.php

Either a Voodoo on a big anny (RHBH) or a RHFH something. My FH is is crap, but I could probably get something through. Seems very risky to go throw the hole.

This is the shot that I see everyone throw. I can't FH so I throw my DX O Roc on an anny line.

Those trees are really tall and I think there is a tree right infront of you. Blocking the Thumber.

It is risky because if you don't hold the right turn or mess up on the FH you are in the creek.

Last edited:
I was also wondering where the thumber gap people were shooting for. the trees go straight up

Any angle off of dead straight up in the air, and you can get a thumber. The tree would have to pretty much have a complete covering over my head to not be able to get it this distance.

The picture reminds me of this hole that I play almost weekly.

700283e4.jpg

Not sure how old the pic is, and how much is 2d perspective but those trees seem a lot higher now in person, so you have a bout 50' from the tee to the trees; you are on a hill about maybe 30' high and the trees are probably a good 100' tall, 15-20' deep, then you have about 200' to a creek which is about 10' wide going across then another 100' to the basket (Currently. Usually its on the near side of the creek where I usually park) Have to ggo really high to get over.

The picture reminds me of this hole that I play almost weekly.

700283e4.jpg

Not sure how old the pic is, and how much is 2d perspective but those trees seem a lot higher now in person, so you have a bout 50' from the tee to the trees; you are on a hill about maybe 30' high and the trees are probably a good 100' tall, 15-20' deep, then you have about 200' to a creek which is about 10' wide going across then another 100' to the basket (Currently. Usually its on the near side of the creek where I usually park) Have to ggo really high to get over.

I'd throw a really big anny with a very bright colored disc, orange or hot pink. I think the color is more important than the mold...

I'd throw a really big anny with a very bright colored disc, orange or hot pink. I think the color is more important than the mold...

Thats generally what the rest of my friends used to do; about 6-7 years ago. The one friend I still disc with out there used to do that, and throught the fall and winter months, you get some gaps to go through, but now; with the green comming back, it just isnt there.

Was just talking with him about it last time he was out and he was talking about how much taller the trees have gotten, and with the height and distance to clear them, the big anny just wasnt getting there (I used to have to be careful of going clear over the creek but now, my best shots get to the near side of the creek). So, I am supposed to teach him how to throw overhand the next time he's out.