• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Hpp warlocks, do they suck?

stupid trees

Birdie Member
So I picked up a couple of warlocks the other day I like the feel of them and am really digging driving with them. I also like them for putting, but I would like to beat one in more for that duty.

My question is that I never hear hpp warlocks mentioned on this site, is that because they suck? Or are they just secretly awesome?

No one talks about them because they aren't Wizards :l There's only a little tiny bit of info on HPP Voodoos, which I was looking for. Apparently they're gummy and fly like the SSS. But that may not apply to Warlocks.

I used to throw HPP Voodoo's. They were nice. Now I'm kinda wondering why the heck I got rid of them. Thanks a lot. Jerk. :p

Most of the Gateway stuff minus the S plastic putters gets overlooked because for years it was only that, the Element, and really overstable discs. Though now with the better premium plastics and more versatile molds added in the last 3-4 years (so glad the Assassin came back) they are making up for lost ground.

I'm not even sure if they exist. If you like the base plastic ones, you could always get some stiff ones for drving and cycle them.

They have some on Marshall Street. They have alot of Gateway. Most other places seem rather lacking.

Hpp warlocks vary. Each run of hpp is a different blend. I have ones that are waxy, gummy, floppy, clear, or just like star.

They're all discs. As previously stated, throw what you like.

Are their flight's consistent, or do they change with the feel of the disc? In general are they more or less overstable than the s blends?

More os.

Usually with bigger shoulders / deeper than s. That trend follows all gateway putters.

I keep an Evo HPP Warlock in my bag at all times! Great driving putter, and I'll use it on most approach shots that are under 100 feet. I'd agree with cjman when he says they have bigger shoulders and feel deeper than the S plastic Warlocks.

Latest posts