• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HV's ITB

BenHaavisto

Par Member
I thought it would be fun to start tracking how my bag develops over time.

Been playing for almost 10 years now, 2020-2022 I barely played so I have taken a hit in the distance department. I am working to get that back. I lived in Kansas from 2018-2022, now I am back to the northeast.

The go to discs...

Culverin - This is my favorite disc ever made. I have a decent array of stabilities, but they are mostly used for straight shots and slight turnovers.

PD - Used as my wind driver and my straight to fade shots. I have a few really overstable utility PDs, along with some of the newer PDs that have some overlap with my Culverins

Valkyrie - I use these for hyzerflips and turnovers - I prefer the Christian Sandstrom ones, so I have started throwing a Mint Freetail for an off the shelf replacement for my beat CS Valk

Buzzz - usually carry two one beat, one fresh

Drone - overstable midrange

Harp - overstable approach disc

Marshal - both my driving putter and my throwing putter, usually carry 2-3

Distances:

Control Drivers
350ft

Mids
250ft-290ft

Putters
Up to 275ft

Picked up some new plastic right around the time I sprained my ankle, so first time out in a few weeks and brought 5 new discs with me.

Marshal x 2

Buzzz x 2

Buzzz SS (NEW - not quite sure yet, might be better for turnovers than my beat buzzz)

ESP Buzzz OS (NEW - far less overstable than anticipated)

Halo Leopard3 (NEW far more overstable than expected)

Freetail

Culverin x 2

PD (Lone Howl 3)

DD1 x 2 (NEW)

Grace (to compare to the DD1)

Have been trying to find a disc to combine my drone and harp slot - The ESP Buzzz OS was not the answer, it was barely more stable than my stable buzzzs. I like the flight but I still need to figure out what to carry for that overstable approach slot.

Trying to find a slower fairway that slots between my drivers and my mids - Leo3 has potential, but I will need to break it in some.

DD1, my hunt for the goldilocks distance driver.
I have CD3s, Graces, P-Destroyer, Star destroyers and a collection of Gladiators. I was finding high speeds to finicky for a minimal distance payoff. I have been looking for a "magic disc" that is essentially a Culverin that flies further, the CD3 works well enough but the bonus distance is only around 15-30ft. Pro Destroyer feels fast out of the hand, but still doesn't go much farther than my PDs/Culverins. SDS and Gladiator are too much disc for my current throwing speed. DD1 has promise so far but have gotten maybe a dozen throws in so far - looking forward to getting them out in the field to compare distances.