• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Hypothetical straight flying disc question

The problem with a Mako3 is that it requires some height to obtain distance. In this scenario you have a 12' high ceiling which pretty much rules out putters and mids for getting any real distance.

Well you have 12 feet of height to work with which is more than enough, but I don't need the height. I can throw laser beams flat at about 80% power and reach 250' easy. The only time I can even roll the thing over in order to warrant extra height is if I'm throwing into a headwind or trying to throw it too hard, I have a OAT problem at the moment when throwing 100%.

Playing safe, I'm throwing a star Zephyr. Won't get too far due to the height restriction though.

Playing a bit riskier I would say G* Leo. 12' is plenty to get a full hyzerflip flight, so long as you nearly hit the left side (RHBH) first.

Honorable mention to the QMS.

Well you have 12 feet of height to work with which is more than enough, but I don't need the height. I can throw laser beams flat at about 80% power and reach 250' easy. The only time I can even roll the thing over in order to warrant extra height is if I'm throwing into a headwind or trying to throw it too hard, I have a OAT problem at the moment when throwing 100%.

Sorry, but 250' is not going to win a distance competition, even in a tunnel. You're playing it too safe. Go big or go home. The ideal height is going to be 6' since you will have the most room for lateral movement. If you're throwing it near 12' high it has to be perfectly straight and down the middle or else its hitting the tunnel.

So how long is this tunnel?

I want someone at the other end to spot my disc when it comes out.

I want to know too if I use one disc choice or another. how Long the tunnel is. I use Champion Glow Valkyrie around 170 if long over 310-320 feet or ESP Impact 170-172 grams if shorter like around 300-310 feet or so to 260 feet. Really short at 250 feet I use a champion Shark 3 around 175 grams and mega short like around or under 200 feet I use a Star Shark around 175 grams the ones with high dome, ones I use in the Driving putter disc spot.

I want to know too if I use one disc choice or another. how Long the tunnel is. I use Champion Glow Valkyrie around 170 if long over 310-320 feet or ESP Impact 170-172 grams if shorter like around 300-310 feet or so to 260 feet. Really short at 250 feet I use a champion Shark 3 around 175 grams and mega short like around or under 200 feet I use a Star Shark around 175 grams the ones with high dome, ones I use in the Driving putter disc spot.

Those are all good choices for throwing down a 12' wide, hypothetical pipe.

A older flatter Gold River (my 171g lava would do) would give me the biggest chance. Gold-x Compass could be straight enough of the shelf if you found one below 170g.

Still would need 10 tries to see if im right... ;)

Stratus, if thrown well the tunnel would only need to be one Stratus wide, give or take one Stratus.

Kastaplast K1 Glow Reko, heavily beat in. Closest thing to a laser beam I've thrown yet.

I am getting 300 ft lazer beams on the regular with the Mako3 now, so I will stick with my original answer

Latest posts