• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Hypothetical straight flying disc question

If the pipe wasn't so large, I'd wonder if the enclosed space would lead to strange flight behaviors, like extra lift and drag.

Anode, all day, everyday. Flies straight as an arrow at any release speed (for me). Never moves more than a few degrees either way.

That assumes you can actually throw putters and fingers are not square pegs.

Otherwise for the chuckers there is the proxy/atom but PB on that real talk.

Last edited:
Star Mako3 173g or so would be my first cchoice.

Runner-up My 172g Prodigy M3 the reason it doesn't win is my concern is it tends to fly a bit higher and I'm afraid it would be more likely to hit the ceiling.

Honorable mention Discraft Challenger but it doesn't fly quite as far.

That assumes you can actually throw putters and fingers are not square pegs.

Otherwise for the chuckers there is the proxy/atom but PB on that real talk.

Yeah, Anode and Comet are tied for me as the 100% straightest discs from start to finish of flight I've ever thrown. Comet just goes farther as a mid with that diameter.

But low ceiling in this scenario means hyzer flip with -1/1 fairway or faster disc is likely the most distance within the tube, although you've got to be perfect.

Star mako3, xt nova would be great but a little short. A dx teebird is probably the best bet.

Last edited:
Axis... but I'm only betting on 200' If someone was 200' before my throw, probably Wave.

That's just it. I feel like I'd have relatively reasonable shot at placing Proxy through at 200-250 but if I'm going against all you chumps I'm counting on someone besting that. I'd probably throw an Envy, haaaard. Maybe a buzzz.

I don't think I could do better with a fairway or higher speed... If forced I'd probably go Inertia.

This is the most interesting stupid question I've seen on the internet in a long time. I mean this in the best possible way.

If I'm going for the safe play and trying to stay within the 12 ft. circle for the disc's full flight, I'm throwing a Pure. If I'm taking risks and planning to fade into the wall, Thunderbird. I used to have a very stable Bliz Destroyer that also would've worked.

I want to say TL which as far as I'm concerned, off the rack provides the highest ratio of distance to straightness. I think if I had only one shot though it would have to be a Z Comet as mentioned previously.

I guess I'd go Polecat; in the hope that everyone throwing faster discs can't keep them as straight as they think they can.

Latest posts