• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I stopped missing right with a simple change, why?

Kjimsern

Par Member
I changed my pull down angle on my putt to a natural hyzer instead of forcing it flat.

This is the only change i made to the putt.

Why does it work like that, anyone know?

I added 2 pictures of the different examples.

Anyone else with the same experience?

Attachments

• 74EBEF8E-A98E-4AF3-8703-49284475A7DF.jpg
    74EBEF8E-A98E-4AF3-8703-49284475A7DF.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 27
  • FEA2D5DC-49A7-4AF9-A498-298691463E3F.jpg
    FEA2D5DC-49A7-4AF9-A498-298691463E3F.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 24
My guess.....you were missing right when you threw level....now you are releasing on a slight hyzer which will cause the disc to fade left...correcting for the miss to the right.

My guess.....you were missing right when you threw level....now you are releasing on a slight hyzer which will cause the disc to fade left...correcting for the miss to the right.

There is no fade, very little if so. I tested from edge of circle.

I think there is something mechanicly that benefits me from comming upp with more releaxed hyzer angle then a forced flat angle when i push the disc forward. Its like mcbeth/robinson/ellis putting stroke, its that small hyzer that you see them have at the bottom of the stroke.

But im no expert, im just a guy with a dream that have tons of putting reps everyday.

I changed my pull down angle on my putt to a natural hyzer instead of forcing it flat.

This is the only change i made to the putt.

Why does it work like that, anyone know?

I added 2 pictures of the different examples.

Anyone else with the same experience?

Assuming the changes in your form mechanics are more like "shoveling" now, when I wind up a putt from that "hyzer" angle in the backswing, the wrist action uncoils such that the disc is better leveraged behind my wrist, and the pop & force are more naturally directly at the target with less missing to the right. The angle the disc exits on appears "flatter" than the initial "hyzer" angle in the cradle.

Same principle as backhand mechanics!

Assuming the changes in your form mechanics are more like "shoveling" now, when I wind up a putt from that "hyzer" angle in the backswing, the wrist action uncoils such that the disc is better leveraged behind my wrist, and the pop & force are more naturally directly at the target with less missing to the right. The angle the disc exits on appears "flatter" than the initial "hyzer" angle in the cradle.

Same principle as backhand mechanics!

I think you are into something, i do not push the disc as directly out as with the flat angle.

When i have the hyzer i can visualize and feel a shoveling motion.

The direct push has not been as healthy as the shoveling motion when im putting, that is for sure and i will continue to keep the hyzer angle.

Latest posts