• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone tell me what kind of disc this is

2005 US Mid National Disc Golf Championship

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

Last edited:
DGA Titanic - molded by Discraft?

TL;DR Version
Does Discraft mold some plastic for DGA at times? Seems like an odd "no brainer" question, but I have a disc custom stamped as a DGA Titanic that clearly says "Discraft" and "Magnet" on the inner rim

Background
So I was out the other day trying to work on my form, eliminate OAT, etc. by doing field work with only putters and mids.

I have a black DGA Titanic (so the stamp says) and I happened to run my finger along the inner rim once - to my surprise, there is some raised/embossed lettering...

The lettering on the inner rim clearly says "Discraft" and "Magnet" ...but the stamp says DGA Titanic.

Question...
Does anyone know what's up with this disc... it's obviously a custom stamp for the "Beware the Beavers" tourney in Nicholasville, KY 2008... but is it just a mis-stamp?

PICS...

Anyways, just curious!

Thanks!
-Bubs :)

Discraft molds DGA's discs for them, so yes, the titanic and magnet are the same. As are the reef and APX. Tsunami and predator are the same mold as well, only the tsunami is the old mold pred. Dont know if you needed all that, but now you know.

Nice, thanks for the knowledge bomb plastic cannon! :thmbup:

...and here I thought I had something special, oh well back to the field with the "Magtanic" tomorrow!

Does anyone know what kind of disc this is? I believe that it is Discraft because of the plastic and where the weight is written, just not sure. It has a pretty big bead along the bottom of the inner rim and it doesn't have any markings whatsoever. The disc is blank besides the stamp and written weight. Thanks for any help.

Does anyone know what kind of disc this is? I believe that it is Discraft because of the plastic and where the weight is written, just not sure. It has a pretty big bead along the bottom of the inner rim and it doesn't have any markings whatsoever. The disc is blank besides the stamp and written weight. Thanks for any help.

Go here and ask. Someone is bound to know what they ordered that year.

https://www.facebook.com/soonerdiscgolf

It looks like a spectra to me.

Been trying to find an Avenger that flies like the first one I bought...

This bright yellow/green "Avenger" pictured was purchased because it was the same weight as my other. Only after a few throws I realized quickly it wasn't a matter of beating the disc in to a certain point. Every characteristic of this disc is off. It grips different, it flies almost so overstable that it doesn't fly at all. I finally did some comparing and I just don't understand...

The flight plate/rim is slightly wider...
IMAG1314.jpg

The diameter is larger, i.e. it is "taller"
IMAG1317.jpg

and the side profile is just ridiculously different...
IMAG1316.jpg

far left is the "Avenger" in question and the middle and right disc are both Avengers. All Elite Z.
IMAG1318.jpg

Does anyone know what this is? I thought it may be an Avenger SS but it is seriously THE MOST overstable disc I have ever seen. No lift, no glide, just lots of turn and fade...meathook if you will..

Please help, I need to figure out why I can't find an Avenger to fly like this yellow one. (my first and only Ace with it, people have told me to retire it, but if I can't find another that flies like it I can't see why I should leave it hanging on the wall)

Thanks, for any help.

How do I identify a 1st Run Pro Firebird? There are 2 on feeBay, but there are no markings on either disc labeling them as a 1st run.

How much is it worth?

I have a lightly used 150 class circle stamped shark and I would like to know how much it is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.