• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Remix disc golf

MrGlass01

* Ace Member *
A lot of new molds just approved a little chatter here and there about them this is what I've found personally.

The eldritch = bullet and praxis
Torpedo=mustang/pathfinder
Juggernaut=profit
Battleship=runway
Ronin= alpha? Looks very similar if not the same it just fades out way later and not quite as bitey as my apex alphas.
There are a few other comparisons out there but this is what I've tried so far

I decided to get a couple eldritches to check out and well they were both the gummiest protron I've ever felt in a good way with a light sparkle to them. Snagged a glow torpedo, flatter than my pathfinder but everything else is identical. The battleship again looks identical to my runway with a stiffer blend of cosmic neutron. The ronin was the surprise for me it just went boom and stayed on the straight line and a nice late fade not affected by some winds today either. The ronin I got was neutron similar feel to the alpha I have with a little swirl to it.

These are all clearly mvp made if you're familiar with their single shot molds. So far the plastics look great and feel different to the blends on mvp or their partner blends if you will. Great inexpensive discs that are proven molds. I plan to snag a few more to keep around for new people or spread the love when I see the opportunity. If your just looking for a reason to check something out maybe worth a look, so far I've enjoyed all of them and the eldritch is getting bagged on that plastic blend alone, somewhere between protron and soft protron. Only real issues is it's random so you get what they send kind of a bummer but hell it's free returns on prime.

Cheers.

I grabbed a couple Glow Spartans when I saw they got approved. I'm fairly confident that these are Glow TSA Mantras, which aren't exactly cheap and are great flying glow drivers! The profile, PLH, and dome match up perfectly with the pair of totem wolf stamp Mantras I got in the past year. The Spartan stamp is nowhere near as interesting, but if I can find replacement glow Mantras for that price I'll be ok.

Last edited:
I grabbed a couple Glow Spartans when I saw they got approved. I'm fairly confident that these are Glow TSA Mantras, which aren't exactly cheap and are great flying glow drivers! The profile, PLH, and dome match up perfectly with the pair of totem wolf stamp Mantras I got in the past year. The Spartan stamp is nowhere near as interesting, but if I can find replacement glow Mantras for that price I'll be ok.

Great to hear love my mantra and wanting to try them in different plastics. Just snagged a glow based on your description thanks!

Couple new molds came up. List as far as I know. Haymaker 9304. Rumble, 10 5 -1 2, Goliath 10 4.5 -1 2.5. Seems like cats out of the bag with remix and mvp. I haven't seen mvp confirm or deny where these molds come from. I'm betting it's molds they license to these manufacturers based on what they may want etc. once their orders are filled the extra discs become remix. These numbers on the new remix molds are out there between mint and thought space.

Just picked up one of the sets and, gotta say, I'm a fan! Now, with that being said, any clue what their base plastic would equate to? Just looking to add a few in the lighter weights that don't come bagged in the set and if the base are good, well...it's a no brainer.

Had a little left on an Amazon card so picked up a Troll on my seemingly-constant quest to replace the Banshee. Seems like the Troll might not be as overstable, but hey can't beat the price

So you're saying I can get premium Bullet/Praxis for 11.95 and its named Eldritch?

you had me at any of that.

I am just sad I didnt see this in April when it got posted.

I was a fan of the Battleship but traded it away due to non pdga approval. I don't remember the profile but it was more overstable than the Runway.

I was a fan of the Battleship but traded it away due to non pdga approval. I don't remember the profile but it was more overstable than the Runway.
Pretty sure that I saw it's approved now. There are a few that are approved that I've not seen for sale yet. Hopefully they pop up soon. it'll be fun to see where they slot in.

I hope they fill out their beginner spots a little better. I will be recommending these discs to anyone looking to get started with DG. $11.95 premium discs in 2023 is how you grow the sport.

MVP/Remix, be still my heart.

I ordered a 12 disc pack and got doubles of 6 different molds. I'm about 3 rounds in with them and really enjoying them so far. At first I was kind of upset about only getting only 6 molds but it's actually a perfect practice bag. I get 2 shots with the same run, plastic and mold of each disc if I want to practice something on the course. All of them are in premium plastic that feel just like the MVP plastic types I know and love.

The Eldritch is a straight to stable putter beadless putter. Not too deep and really easy to putt and throw. It's a little bit more stable than a Neutron Proxy I throw a ton. The 2 I have feel like Neutron and ones is Pink with white swirl...pretty cool.

The Torpedo is a straight to stable mid that is one of my favorites of the group. I'd say it sits between a Hex and a Reactor stability wise. It feels really similar to a Hex to me and is what I imagine a Pathfinder feels like. You can rip it and get tons of glide but it's never understable. I think the two I have are in Neutron plastic.

The Battleship looks and feels kind of similar to a Runway but is not nearly as overstable. It is less stable than a Pyro but lives somewhere in that realm. The two I have are in some form of Plasma plastic. They have that gummyness and slight shimmer to them. One is see through yellow but has the shimmer and the other is charcoal gray with shimmer and they both look dope AF.

The Ronin flies and feels really similar to my Mint Alpha that I really love. It's that somewhat overstable fairway driver on the slower end of things. Not super beefy but always finishes with fade. The 2 of these I have remind me of Plasma plastic and are a kind of gummy but still pretty stiff. One of them is a shimmery Rust color that just looks really cool.

The Spartan is my favorite of the group for how I play. I saw some flight numbers online that say 9/6/-2/1 and I would say that's pretty spot on. It's not flippy but it's easy to get some turn on it and I really does glide. I'm loving it for weaving some lines through the wooded courses I play. I had my best drive ever on the long pin on hole 10 at Seven Oaks with it during my second round throwing it. It looks and feels like an Innova Sidewinder to me. I think these are in Neutron plastic.

The big dog of the group is the Behemoth. Flight numbers I've seen are 12/4.5./-1/3. It's very Destroyer like. I throw about 375-380 max so I don't really do this disc justice but it does have quite a bit of glide before the fade. It's workable and I feels great in the hand and I'm actually loving it for forehand distance shots. It kind of hits that sweet spot where I can really lay into one of my crappy forehands with out fear of it turning over but I am still getting decent distance before the finish. These seem to be in Cosmic Plasma or a Cosmic Neutron blend. One is kind of see through and they both look and feel great.

Last edited:
I guess my impression of the Battleship was wrong.
My buddy that I play with all the time throws Runways a bunch and the Battleships I have are less overstable than the beat in Runways he has. But, considering how much variation there is between different molds in general it's possible that you had one that is more overstable than a typical Runway. Like I mentioned in my previous post, the two that I have are less stable than my Pryros (which are all pretty beefy) and definitely less stable than the Runways he has in his bag. I use a Deflector for upshots and super overstable forehand scramble shots and the Battleship is nowhere even close to that level of overstability.

I picked up a stack of 6 Eldritch since I use bullets/praxis for field work.

1 yellow translucent, 1 pink swirly (matches my 2 pink swirly nautilus stamp Praxis but feels gummier which is awesome), 1 murdered (black/black), 1 that feels like waxy starry good pro plastic (not sure what blend it really is), 1 blue and 1 green slick opaque plastic.

I think these would all be considered x-outs since they all have some kind of cosmetic flaw. TSA is over here charging $20+ for pretty plastic and stamps, so I think they have a high bar meaning lots of decently normal looking "x-outs."

Haven't seen a lot of discussion of the 10 speeds in this thread. I've seen elsewhere that Spartan = Mint Diamondback and Rumble = TSA Construct, which would leave the alleged Freetail = Mantra pairing as not having a Remix equivalent. Does that line up with real world experience? I haven't thrown any of the aforementioned molds except a Freetail but am interested in getting into Remix this year.

Yes, and I am looking for impressions from people who have thrown the Spartan and Rumble, especially to compare against TSA/Mint molds that they are equivalent to.