• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a Roc at my PIAS with no stamp on the front. It didn't have any markings on the weight either. It had one ring around the center, and had the Rancho tooling with patent numbers. Any way to tell what year it is from? It was clearly an older pre-flight number disc. Felt stiff similar to older DX plastic.

Could it be??

I've been trying to figure out what this disc is for a couple years, and tonight I finally realized that the stamp was from 2004 WBDGW. So I compared it to one of my pro line beasts. What do you guys think?

-- mystery disc is red, Old mold beast is orange --

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 48
I took a comparison pic with my old pearly Orc. The burgundy one is the Orc and the Pink one is the ?? The orc seems to have a deeper radius to the wing. Comparing it to the Old Mold Beast profile in the profile thread, I think that is it.

Attachments

• profile%20mystery.jpg
    profile%20mystery.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 23
1011936_509898369095185_1479117204_n.jpg

Just curious about the black Wraith. Is this PFN? I was under the impression that that version of the signature with his silhouette was AFTER flight numbers. There's a guy asking $25 plus shipping. I'm not interested, I just want to call him out if this is bullsh1t.

What's the deal with the blue 11x kc pro teebirds that are referred to as STB. What's the story on those and why are they so sought after

From what I understand The STB 11x TBs were a special blend of the old candy pro and an early version of what became star plastic. They are more opaque and durable than the run of the mill candy pro teebirds. They were released at the tail end of the 11x KC Pro era around 2005 i think. They were all blue like the nightshift discs and I am not sure how the two correlate but were both products of experimenting with early forms of star-like polymers.

I don't know how Selinske was involved but I remember hearing that he had a large stash of the STBs that he sold off some time ago. Sorry that I could not be more help. I obviously don't know much about these so take this info with a grain of salt...

1011936_509898369095185_1479117204_n.jpg

Just curious about the black Wraith. Is this PFN? I was under the impression that that version of the signature with his silhouette was AFTER flight numbers. There's a guy asking $25 plus shipping. I'm not interested, I just want to call him out if this is bullsh1t.

The Wraith is not pre flight numbers.

Pro Destroyer

Can anyone help me ID the run/year of this disc? The tooling on the bottom says, "Innova Chmpion Discs, Inc. www.innovadiscs.com" on one side and "Patent No. 4,568,297" on the other side. NO city tooling whatsoever. Is this an early run? Thanks DGCR!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 28
I found a champion disc that has a 2009 Summer Sizzler Birmingham stamp on it at a local PIAS store. Anybody have any information on which discs this may be?

I found a champion disc that has a 2009 Summer Sizzler Birmingham stamp on it at a local PIAS store. Anybody have any information on which discs this may be?

Without a pic I'm gonna guess it's a disc golf disc meant for throwing.

Can anyone help me ID the run/year of this disc? The tooling on the bottom says, "Innova Chmpion Discs, Inc. www.innovadiscs.com" on one side and "Patent No. 4,568,297" on the other side. NO city tooling whatsoever. Is this an early run? Thanks DGCR!

no i just think that is the tooling on the pre Avery destroyers. i like them :D

2002 ice bowl stamped ????

Curious as to what disc this is, Has a similar profile to my eagle except super flat top. No city tooling on it, only patent number on the inner rim (4568297)

Any help appreciated. Will post further pictures if necessary

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 45
Curious as to what disc this is, Has a similar profile to my eagle except super flat top. No city tooling on it, only patent number on the inner rim (4568297)

Any help appreciated. Will post further pictures if necessary

Thanks!

We need a profile pic, and pic of the back. Any markings around the back inner circle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts