• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If there were no distance drivers...

Halcón

Free At Last
...would your game suffer?

I never throw any, so I'd be set.

How 'bout you?

wouldn't bother me at all. I'm mostly throwing Buzzz's and Meteors right now.

Wouldn't mess with me. I am set, but it would make it easier to catch the guys in league throwing 450'-500' with Giants and Nukes. My short game is all I really focus on anyways.

Compared to my current scores, yes they would suffer a bit, but not too much. But compared to others, I think I would gain advantage over most local players, because I definitely use my slow stuff more than most of them.

Nah, only wraiths in bag, easily covered with teebirds. Some 15-30 ft. difference in distance, no big deal.

But teebirds were "ultra long distance drivers" in some point, right?

i wouldn't be OB all the time!! no i think my game would suffer a little i like to throw longer holes and the newer super speed discs do help you get there. sometimes! i would ,sadly, probably improve by learning my slower discs better and mastering rollers.

Not really. I throw Trespasses and Bolts occasionally, but the only distance driver I throw regularly is the PD. Would the PD make the cut? I know it is labeled a power driver, but I personally don't think it is much more faster then speed 9 fairway drivers.

It would barely effect me, pretty much the only time distance drivers actually help me pick up strokes is when I sidearm a destroyer. I would probably do comparatively well compared to most people after the loss of distance drivers.

Not really. I throw Trespasses and Bolts occasionally, but the only distance driver I throw regularly is the PD. Would the PD make the cut? I know it is labeled a power driver, but I personally don't think it is much more faster then speed 9 fairway drivers.

I think the PD is considered more of a longer fairway.

I'd probably be a better player if I completely ignored the temptation of the trespass, tern and renegade. But luckily between the escape, rival, and patriot, the distance doesn't suffer too badly. (and the accuracy certainly improves)

edit. And if the PD makes this list, then it moves happily to the top.

Unless they changed all the pars, hell yes my game would suffer. Why else would I carry distance drivers if I didn't use them? Come on y'all...be honest.

All I would have to do is drop the Cannon (about a 10% distance loss over my Volt), which I only throw on maybe 2-3 holes on most courses. I would make up strokes relative to the field that I play in though.

naw. my volt goes just as far. i don't have the arm required for distance drivers. they always start their flight looking marvelous and then dump at the end. :(

I don't know if it would change too much for me playing since I don't have that much more distance with drivers. But it would definitly hurt watching. Seeing those high speed drivers take off and fly that long - that just is very enjoyable to watch.

lol @ people saying they'd still be good if they could carry their qausi-distance/fairway drivers like PDs.

Now imagine how good you'd be if it was only speed 6ish and below? That like a Gazelle would be the fastest disc in your bag?

Without my beat Star Wraith??? Probably suffer a little. Not much though, my Amp is quickly becoming my most used/accurate disc.

lol @ people saying they'd still be good if they could carry their qausi-distance/fairway drivers like PDs.

Now imagine how good you'd be if it was only speed 6ish and below? That like a Gazelle would be the fastest disc in your bag?

That would probably be pretty awesome. I would really like to see Big Distance Drivers disappear. Yeah, I carry a couple, but I would be fine without 'em. I'm sure my game would suffer a little, but then, so would everybody else's. I'd like to see an emphasis on placement and control golf. If we could only throw mids, I'd still play this game all of the time!

Latest posts