• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

i'm a backhand thrower looking for discs that work well.

fallsrunner10

i'm not sure if it's just me, or if there are discs that work better as a backhand disc (right hand). i use a discraft xs 175 and can usually throw it about 300ish ft with accuracy. (forehand i can throw about 230-250). all the other discs i've tried throwing turn over or drop left or do anything else a backhand throw isn't supposed to do.

so is it just me? or are there other discs that work 'better' for a rhbh thrower?

Yeah, this is probably the most open ended question I've seen on this site, and I've seen a lot of open ended questions here.

I'm a RHBH dominant thrower and I use 16 different discs (drivers and mids). Someone else who is also RHBH might use 16 different discs than I do. I also throw forehand with the same discs so there's no difference for me.

Its all about what works for you and you alone.

just get out with some people u play with and throw around what they have. figure out something u need and let the disc do the work.

i however love my star beast.

i'm not sure if it's just me, or if there are discs that work better as a backhand disc (right hand). i use a discraft xs 175 and can usually throw it about 300ish ft with accuracy. (forehand i can throw about 230-250). all the other discs i've tried throwing turn over or drop left or do anything else a backhand throw isn't supposed to do.

so is it just me? or are there other discs that work 'better' for a rhbh thrower?
At that distance the Polaris LS and DX Cheetah will be two of the most controlable drivers that will also teach good technique.

If you like the XS I would suggest the XL. I have one and use it constantly.

I was a RHFH thrower forever and am just really learning the backhand throw. The three discs that work best for me have been the Avenger SS, Tee-Bird, and Valkyrie.

I throw RHBH predominately as well. I use Valk, T-Bird, Beast, and Eagle in Champ plastic. I don't throw alot of Discraft, so I cannot venture there...
I agree w/ dirtdmix, just huk a bunch of different stuff,

Try a Star TL in a similar weight to your XS. They do about the same thing, but the TL does it better.

Sigh, yeah, get a TeeBird or TL or whatever Discraft's equivalent is and get out there. You might want to lower that weight a bit too to around 170 ish. Keep it flat and rip it hombre.

Latest posts