• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm an idiot

elevated plastic

Double Eagle Member
Lost my putter last night........... putter. I always thought how stupid you have to be to lose a putter, well i'm officialy stupid.

I have lost a putter by just leaving it on the course. It was my first putter and I still wish that I had it back. It was a 166 Glow Aviar and I tried replacing it with a star aviar but have since switched to SSS Warlocks for the same texture/feel.

I've actually forgotten my putter in the basket before. Got talking, etc. and my mind wandered. Drove to the next course and realized it was missing. Luckily it was still in the basket when I went back to get it but if it wasn't that would have been a really stupid way to lose a disc!

How did you lose yours? Just a bad shot?

Well, if the avatar fits...lol j/k
I did watch a guy toss his into a water hazard...gone for good.

I lost a wizard in the water. Was a hole with a lake parallel to the hole, and a crazy windy day. Wind picked my disc up and straight into the water (almost hit a guy fishing too).

I used to run a course...90% of the lost discs I picked up were putters left in 18's basket or putters left sitting on the picnic table between 18 and the parking lot. People would be done playing and just flake, either never take them out of the basket or not put them back in the bag and set them down on the picnic table. It happened all the time. Every once in a while someone would leave their whole bag.

You find all sorts of stuff on a disc golf course if you are doing a 7:30 a.m. walk-thru. Most of it I'd rather just forget about. :shock:

How about this one. I found a puter in the basket. No name, no number, nothing. It's the exact mold I love old small bead san marino aviar. I've also had an ace with it

I've only lost three Wizards. One was at Acorn park hole 7. I thew the first Wizard I got (it's stilll the best one I've had) and my shot looked great. I got past the brush to the open area and it was nowhere to be found. I can only assume it somehow ended up in that swamp.

The second one was hole 4 at Waukee (~130' with trees). I threw my beat S Wizard on a low air bounce and overshot by about 10'. The creek was really high so it ended up in there.

The last one was hole 18 at Pickard. It was my SS Wizard that I was about ready to give up on anyway. I threw a hyzer approach a bit over the water and came up short. I'm guessing it landed in the drink but I didn't look for very long.

I found a stack of three shuttle putters sitting on the picnic table one morning. No name, no number. Some guy was putting at 18 after his round, brain-farted and left his very collectible putters behind. The guy realized what he did later that week and showed up looking for them, lucky for him that I had found them. How stupid would that guy feel if he had lost them?

I occasionally run across putters in the lakes where I search. Funny thing is most of them are off the tee of holes at least 300' long. No way a putter will do you any good off the tee there. Most of them are WAY out there too, not even near the shore.

I used to carry a bookbag to hold my discs in, somehow in the course of a round several of my discs fell out, including my very first putter, a perfectly worn in d banger.

All of the discs had my name and number, alas no calls.

That one almost turned me to the dark side as far as returning discs. But I will still call if I find one with a number, have to keep up the positive karma, need all the help I can get.

I found a Discraft putter the other day in a ditch on the course. Black. Must have been there for weeks.

I also found a brand new Magic in a creek on the course about the same time.

Total count - 2 putters, 1 Wraith, and 1 TeeBird. No name or number on any of them.

Just found a putter tonite, pretty much out in the open in the middle of a narrow fairway on a short downhill hole. No #, just some initials. I posted about it on the "local" board, but I doubt it will get claimed. :roll:

years ago i found a beat up tourney-stamp putter in a ravine at delaveaga... i remember being struck that someone would throw a putter anywhere near there (iirc it was on the fridge hole)