• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm just saying...

The problem is that a lot of Parks Departments precisely want to emphasize the whole "Like a game" or "Not a serious sport" feelgoodery aspect so they can sell disc golf to the masses. A lot of clubs go along with it so they can have another place to play.

I guess there is nothing wrong with that to get someone interested. What we need is more top flight courses with accurate par ratings. The small park courses can stay that way just like an "executive course" for Disc Golf.

I'm more interested in seeing the game going to more and more challenging design like-

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2737&mode=hi

We have enough beginner courses. Time to focus on the next level higher.

"Just sayin'" might be on the top of the list of phrases that annoy me. It is already implied that you are saying something. You do not have to say that you are saying... we already know that.

What was the question again? Basically, one poorly designed course is rated more highly than another poorly designed course?

It's that one course designer created what he believes is a great course.

A number of reviewers felt that it was excessively dangerous, or at least conflicting with other park usages, and not a great course. Which seems to have really got under the skin of the designer---not just on this thread, but prior ones.

I believe the reviewer who is also a parks dept. professional, is not with the particular parks dept. that operates the subject park. So he's both a parks person and a disc golfer, but not personally involved here other than one of the reviewers who didn't like the course.

It's that one course designer created what he believes is a great course.

A number of reviewers felt that it was excessively dangerous, or at least conflicting with other park usages, and not a great course. Which seems to have really got under the skin of the designer---not just on this thread, but prior ones.

I believe the reviewer who is also a parks dept. professional, is not with the particular parks dept. that operates the subject park. So he's both a parks person and a disc golfer, but not personally involved here other than one of the reviewers who didn't like the course.

AND PAR!!!!!!!

This is a really nice tee sign for people with such a crazy idea of par.
98f98f03.jpg

Maybe they decided that PAR = SSA (47?) and they assigned pars for holes to add up and this one needed to be par 1 to fit the budget.

There is just so much WOW here. I am speechless. Buzzsharpe, just let it go. No matter how much you rant, rave, insult or belittle the world is not going to be as you hoped. Deal with it and move on. Springwood could be a fine course with some tweaks. Nothing wrong with that. So it won't be the best thing since sliced bread. It could be a nice beginner friendly course for the kids living in the neighborhoods adjacent to the park. That would be a good thing. Something a smart designer would be proud of...:D

Oh wow, the course in question is comically pretty horrible. I mean from the aerial. No offense. Seriously no offense. Not trying to belittle. This is just not good.

74145c60.jpg

I'm sure that the designer did the best possible with what was given. Honestly, that course just looks dangerous... and probably just shouldn't have gotten approval to begin with. I don't see more than 2 holes where roadway is not in play... and those two holes are right on homeowner property. Hopefully the park just isn't used very often by non-discgolfers.

-edit.... hole 11 looks safe.

Last edited:
I'm sure that the designer did the best possible with what was given. Honestly, that course just looks dangerous... and probably just shouldn't have gotten approval to begin with. I don't see more than 2 holes where roadway is not in play... and those two holes are right on homeowner property. Hopefully the park just isn't used very often by non-discgolfers.

-edit.... hole 11 looks safe.

yea as long as no one is playing soccer

In this case, "just sayin'," apparently means, "I'm going to drop an unintelligible turd of a post on the forum, calling someone out, and then passive-aggressively abandon the thread."

A course like this is good only really on a weekday morning. Got any other games going on and it would be a nightmare. Just sayin'

At least the soccer players and cars are moving targets. The softball players could be stationary.

Spectators and bystanders be damned.

In this case, "just sayin'," apparently means, "I'm going to drop an unintelligible turd of a post on the forum, calling someone out, and then passive-aggressively abandon the thread."

I hate to bash the O.P., but I'm mildly curious as to just how many course descriptions and photos he had to look through, to find one with some similar drawbacks as his, a thousand miles away at that?

It's got to be---but how'd we get "Walnut Creek" out of this? (And how'd you find it?)

Funny, I see all the same "cons" about it being "DANGEROUS" and the odd par-2s. So what if it's rated .38 higher (with only four reviews)? I'm sure someone could dig up some equally-dangerous layouts with even lower ratings that SPC.

It's the only 18 hole course in Tx rated 2.88.

Latest posts