• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"In your bag" excluding the obvious...

Discblaster

Birdie Member
I'd like to have a what's in your bag thread, but excluding the obvious answers like "discs" or "keys & wallet & phone" and "water bottles" or "beers"...

Basically, I'm trying to figure out what I need in the side pockets, maybe finding out the random stuff everyone else carries around will help me figure something out...

As for me, I carry a used Baseball that I use to throw into trees to get my own discs out and help other people get theirs down. I also carry a very small first aid kit with some gauze, a couple bandages in different sizes, and some antiseptic, I've also recently thrown some liquid skin into my first aid kit after watching "Yeti"s in the bag where he said it was good to put over the hand injuries and keep throwing.

Lastly, I carry a single wrist sweatband, that I sometimes wear on my left wrist for hot days, so I can use it to wipe the sweat off my right hand before I throw....

What do you guys bring? I got plenty of space

knick-knacks, random money, boots from the dora the explorer, air horn, broken mini, poisen ivy wipes and towels.

The most critical items that I carry that aren't disc related are:

- Nail clippers: nothing worse than forgetting to get a good nail trim prior to a big round. Also help round out a break/crack (couldn't sound more lame... but I use them a ton)

- Hand sanitizer: I once ate an orange mid round and my sticky hands funked up my grip for the rest of the day... sanitizer put an end to any sticking issues from orange juice to sap (also works great on an irritating bug bite)

- Extra socks: few things boost my morale more between tourney rounds than a fresh pair of socks. Try it... you'll like it ;)

- Lighter: I don't smoke but I have come accross many occasions when I needed to melt down a nick in my plastic

Last edited:
When I play courses with barbed wire/chain link fences, I'll bring a stiff tape measure to pull a disc back. Makes disc retrieval a lot easier than messing with ripped pants, hands, etc.

Gorilla Gold for tacky grip and a bar of Jewelweed soap for poison ivy.

I'm from Colorado, where it's 100% legal.

That said, it shall not be discussed here...

:wall:

medium and fine grit sandpaper
ziplock bags
several microfiber towels
dugout
lighters
plastic bags to pick up trash
a few bucks
pencil/sharpies
scorecards
cinnamon tea-tree toothpicks
bandaids/advil
superglue (for closing up cuts)
a couple kind bars or a banana
light windshirt
extra koozies

I'm from Colorado, where it's 100% legal.

No it isn't.
Like Oregon (where I live) it is legal under state law only. HUGE difference between legal under state law and "100% legal". Although under our current presidential administration, the difference is unimportant in practice.

Baseball
Ziploc bag to put wallet and phone in during the rain
Extra towel other than the main one I carry
Extra socks (really good idea that I will now be doing)

When I'm not planning on drinking, my pistol is in my bag and soon to be Delta.

....so basically never.

- DD Dirt Bag
- Microfiber & "Regular" Towels
- Innova Super Shammy
- Flashlight
- UV Flashlight
- Sharpies/Pens/Pencils
- Hacky Sack
- Pocket Disc
- Lighter
- Mini Discs
- Dollar Bill$
- Snacks
- Stool (Tournament Days)

I keep a lucky gold Buddha medallion in my bag. Got it in Japan like 15 years ago, and its been in the bag for like the last 10. I give 'em a rub any time I'm getting pissed and in my own head about a shot I want back.

That tape measure idea is ingenious. As far as unique stuff:

- A metal "s" shaped hook that I use to hang my bag at the course on trees or signs....sometimes on some sort of bar while using the public transit

- Hockey puck for knocking my disc out of trees. It's easier for me to store than a baseball.

- Bowling chalk

- Nailclipers to remove disc blemishes

Golden retriever
birdie bag
pencils galore
a few permanent markers
5-6 mini's, they just collect in the bag apparently
usually any where from $10-$20 for mini's/cash rounds
sunflower seeds

medium and fine grit sandpaper
ziplock bags
several microfiber towels