• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Inaugural Portable Basket Tournament @ Green Branch DGC in Bowie, MD.

GfromBOWIE

Inaugural Portable Basket Tournament @ Green Branch DGC in Bowie, MD.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 at 10:00 AM.
Optional payout pool for those who want to play for money (TBD).

Sorry for the short notice, but we just got confirmation that the course will be freshly mowed this coming week. This tournament will go a long way to make Greenbranch a permanent course. Please bring your cameras to take pictures to share with the parks department.

Joe Pohl has agreed to postpone Sunday doubles at Calvert on June 12th so that all disk golfers are available to attend this inaugural tournament at Green Branch.

We are looking for individuals that are willing to donate a portable basket for the day. We have about ten, so we still need quite a few more. If you have a basket we can use please ensure you arrive an hour early to leave time for set up.

Additionally, we will be having a workday on Saturday, June 11th in order to clean up the course a bit (i.e. remove any recent branches that haven fallen and obstructed the course). Would appreciate anyone who could come out and help – this should be a quick clean up. If you are available please bring a chainsaw/pole saw if you have one.

If anyone has questions or is willing/able to donate their time/baskets please contact Gary Karbacka 703-434-9128.

Directions to the course:
From US 50
: take 301 south
:turn left on Mills Branch rd
:turn left on Mills Branch pl
:go approximately .5 miles to dirt rd. on left
:take dirt rd. to grass parking area

Tournement format will be 1 round of 18 holes.
Depending on how many people show up, we will be doing a shotgun start,
Players meeting at 9:30, if you are bringing a portable basket please show up early.

I hope to play, but I'm day to day with my ab injury. I'll likely be there just to check it out. I have a DGA Machlite basket if needed, also have an Innova Traveler. I drove by the other day, but all the access roads were closed.

sidewinder22

you must not have been in the right area, because this road is never closed. Unless you went down Governers Bridge rd....those gates are always closed, only used for maintance vehicals. I hope you can make it---looks like we might have a pretty good turn out, and thanks for the baskets....we're up to 14 now

It should be a good day to get some people there. Yeah...I went down Governors Bridge. I really want to play, been stir crazy lately, maybe I can throw FH.

I'm extremely sorry to announce that the Tournament at Green Branch this weekend is cancelled! Unfortunately the Parks Department was unable to complete the mowing. When they attempted to mow, the area was more over-grown than expected and they encountered several nesting areas. They had do suspend mowing because they inadvertently killed several baby deer during this process. I regret having to cancel on such short notice but the mowing that was completed would only facilitate 5 holes. I will be working with the Parks Department in order to set a new date. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you to everyone that offered help. If anyone is at Druid, P-Tap, Seneca, or Calvert today please write CANCELLED on the tournament flyers that were posted, and please spread the word to fellow disc golfers. My sincere apologies, GfromBowie

Does the tractor manufacturer specify how many deer it will mow?

Latest posts