• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Infinite Discs Pharaoh

Anybody else notice that Garrett Gurthie had a Pharaoh in the bag for the Jonesboro Open? I'm not sure if he actually threw it during the tournament, but he mentioned it was a good tailwind disc (for his arm, obviously). The video is on the Jomez FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/jomezproductions/videos/1627179417397179/

He's already got a signature version.

Pharaoh-scenic-e1522529443278-750x731.jpg

Just ordered a 167 and a 175 to see if these are better into the wind than my Shrykes since I can't seem to find one of those magical high PLH ones.

These may be better in the wind than a shryke (haven't thrown a ton of those) but they still aren't great.

Maybe max weight

Preliminary evaluation of 158-159 S-Blend Pharaoh vs. 162-3 Star Shryke.

In limited testing so far the Pharaoh is a notch more stable than the Shryke. I have probably not thrown the Pharaoh enough to knock off all of the "new" yet, though.

Have not had enough side by side throws to evaluate Pharaoh vs. Shryke distance. Pharaoh will definitely fade more on a stall shot, and Pharaoh has less turn than the Shryke in mild (10 mph or so) headwinds.

Played in 20-30 mph winds over the weekend. Pharaoh did better than the Shryke in strong headwinds (which isn't saying much), but not as well as my 162 S-Line CD3.

I have trouble throwing the Shryke with my clean-but-not-far FH, but no such trouble with the Pharaoh. This may relate to disc shape as much as stability, though, because Pharaoh has a milder dome than the Shryke (I have trouble throwing domey discs FH for some reason).

So for now the Pharaoh is in the bag. This is saying something because I only carry 9-11 discs. I want to see how the Pharaoh evolves with wear, and also evaluate its distance vs. Shryke on open holes.

Caveat: This is a very preliminary evaluation by someone who throws in the low-300' range. You 400' throwers will need to do your own testing. And maybe give me some throwing tips. :D

i got a 157 proto stamp last nite. spent this morning throwing it up hill and then back down with ceilings and some open shots. it flies perfectly between a 159 2 yr old esp nuke and a 156 star boss that is highly seasoned. flips up quick and rides much farther than i thought it would with a gentle fade.i'll probably never throw it into any kind of headwind. i'm hoping to get an easy 25 ft extra on tailwind flex shots

i should mention that i "break in " my new discs by bending the edge and taco -ing them to simulate at least a dozen round rounds.

Great first impressions

Just got a 167 today (heaviest they had) and threw it about 20 or so times. Threw it RHBH into and with about a 10 mph wind and it didn't flip. Flipped up, turned just a little and glided pretty well before finishing left into a headwind. For me, it was a great combination of glide and stability. Shrykes glide great but flip way too easy into a headwind.

My son usually throws wraiths and destroyers about 275 sidearm and he was getting the pharaoh out to about 300.

Very impressed and seems a bit softer/thinner than some of my star destroyers.

Lost my 167 on a really dumb decision, and my 175 is in the bag of a friend who is away on vacation. Figured I'd just buy more. Nope. One left and it's in the 150s. :banghead:

So does anyone else who has a Shryke and Pharoah feel like they are the same mold? My Star Shryke and S-Blend Pharoah are like identical, excpet the Pharoah has a higher PLH.

just ordered a pharoahh, should be here this week. I wonder how she will fly

Got the Pharoah. It looks really close to a shryke on first impression. After comparing side by side the pharaoh has a much higher shoulder and the same PLH I am interested in seeing her fly tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

Attn: infinite

When will you have a restock of the pharaoh? I'm really liking this disc but you only have baby barf colors right now.

Attn: infinite

When will you have a restock of the pharaoh? I'm really liking this disc but you only have baby barf colors right now.

Well- those swirls definitely didn't turn out as well as we hoped. We have more around, but sort of similar colors. The I-Blend doesn't look like barf though ;)

Next run we're hoping to do some other plastics and get some better colors in. There should be some nuggets in there though, there's always some cool ones that get overlooked.

Black Friday will have a special release of a special plastic Pharaoh...

My favorite driver is currently the Wraith, also the fastest in my bag. If I were looking to club up and you were charged with selling me on the pharoah, you would say?.......

My favorite driver is currently the Wraith, also the fastest in my bag. If I were looking to club up and you were charged with selling me on the pharoah, you would say?.......

I'd say that Infinite has put out a great line of discs, so it'd be worth it to try one. I'd also say that people reviewing the Pharoah have liked it.

Latest posts