• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Information on Discraft Z Drone

Definition of stable:
a. Resistant to change of position or condition; not easily moved or disturbed
b. Not subject to sudden or extreme change or fluctuation
c. Maintaining equilibrium; self-restoring

Using that definition stable would mean to fly straight with no change like I said. Being more stable would mean it has more resistance to change in its flight. Being less stable would mean have less resistance to change in its flight. So a drone would actually be less stable than a buzzz because it has a far more likelihood of deterring from its intended flight.
now terms like overstable are not actual words. and in the case of our sport overstable means to have more resistance to flying with the spin. thus having less turn and more fade. so a drone would be more overstable than a buzzz.
don't bastardize the language cause you don't truly understand the words you are using.

If you put a disc with spin imparted on it in a vacuum, what does it do? Gyroscopic precession makes it act like a Drone. Not a Buzzz. Which is why a Drone is more stable. A buzzz is still stable; it doesn't flip (the opposite of what discs want to do). It's just not as stable as an OS, which will never act against its nature (under human strength and worldly conditions).

Overstable, I don't even know what it would mean. Probably something like "creates its own spin".

And I now realize I've still not found the thread I'm looking for. Where is that thread??? People are making my language useless!!! Where do I go to stop them???

Couldn't we agree that its just extremely confusing to explain being more stable as being more straight.

example:

New person askes has a teebird and maxes out at 200 ft...its way to much disc and just meathooks left. They ask for something more straight...guy at the store says this river is going to be much more stable...its what you are looking for

two months later that guy is ripping 350 and that river is turning over on him pretty hard...he goes in looking for something that is going to be straighter for him...guy at the store says this teebird is going to be much more stable...its what you are looking for....

in this straight world of "stable" meaning straight.....a teebird is mroe stable than a river which is more stable than a teebird which is more stable than a river which is mroe stable than a teebird....

see how thats confusing?

In normal people world...where more stable means more resistant to turning...and less stable means less resistant to turning....then a teebird is always more stable than a river...and thats the end of it...

I cant imagine we need to do more to confuse new players about how stability in discs work, why not just make things as simple and straight forward as possible...?

I truly recommend the Drone. I had a Z Hornet that wasn't beat in hardly at all, and it flew like a max weight Buzzz into a headwind, no joke. My CryZtal FLX Drone is so money. Great glide and a strong late hook with a reliable skip. If you want to see some very impressive distance for such an overstable disc, release it on a nice flex shot and watch it work itself back and go a looooong ways.

This...You can straight CRANK on a drone, and it will always come back nice...I love using it for downhill shots, flex it out a bit, and watch it fight all the way back...

My Crystal FLX Drone get more, "What was that" Than any other disc in my bag

Latest posts