• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Blizzard Beast

I got a 153g Blizzard Beast from GGGT last week. I took it out during a round and compared it to a 150g first run Blizzard Katana and a 141g Blizzard Wraith. I rarely max out for pure distance - control and hitting fairways is my goal. The Blizzard Beast flew nicely for me. Better release consistency than both Wraith and Katana. Least stable of all three. Distance wise: Katana > Beast > Wraith, but not too big a spread between the three. It does hold lines the best of the three. I was able to get the Beast to follow Hyzer, straight and Annie lines. There was little fade back on Annie line, surprised me a first. Before Blizzard I used to throw 164g Champ Beast - the Blizzard Beast does not fly similar lines to the Champ.

Blizzard Beast will have a spot in my bag - but I do wonder if I got a lucky Beast and the next one won't fly the same due to the inconsistencies in the Blizzard Discs. I swear I get one bad Katana in every three I buy.......

I hate blizzard anything..I throw beasts but they are all max weight. I think I'll just stick to my best to piss pro beasts before picking one of these up. I'd actually probably buy a blizzard Xcal is they ever made one of those or maybe a blizzard max would be cool too. Get em in like a 155-160 and throw then hyzer into the wind and watch em work.