• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Daedalus

Threw mine for the first time, and I really liked the flight, I threw it on a high anny line, and it held the line before fading back at around 425 feet, which is a very far throw for me. Definitely a situational disc, but it could see some use from me.

My 10 year old was throwing one of these yesterday (GStar) and he definitely got some considerable distance increase. Requires some working room though, and he did not bag it (yet). His main drivers are Northman (BH) and Giant (FH).

So a champ version is coming out? That might interest me.

Interesting, it looks like they changed the turn rating to -3 from the original -4. Does anyone know if they tweaked the mold to be more stable or just changed the numbers to more accurately reflect the flight. I have one of the originals with a -4 turn number stamped on it. If they changed the mold I guess these won't be available any longer.

According to Innova referring to the factory seconds that are not listed as prototypes:

A revised version of the Daedalus designed to increase the high speed stability of this extremely long distance driver. Even with the added stability, the Daedalus is best suited for players that have less than 400ft of power. This will be the finalized design that reaches the public later this month.

http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Daedalus

Ran across a stack of Jolly Launcher Daedalus's today. They felt nice but didn't buy one, don't know as I have the need.

Anyone thrown the Champion yet?

I would definitely try one if I were throwing Innova right now. I never really clicked with my proto G* (tracks right forever), but it's the second prettiest innova disc I own.

I'd be curious to see if a revised Champ was more Tern or Katana.

Interesting, it looks like they changed the turn rating to -3 from the original -4. Does anyone know if they tweaked the mold to be more stable or just changed the numbers to more accurately reflect the flight. I have one of the originals with a -4 turn number stamped on it. If they changed the mold I guess these won't be available any longer.

I like the stamp on those -4 proto daedalus. Mine doesn't have one because it's an f2 but those things are crazy understable. If Vulcan is -4 they really should be rated -5. Still a great disc for the few situations I use it for. Hyper flip rollers on certain shaped rollers and max distance from really awkward positions where I'm stretching around an obstacle and can't generate much power.

The -3 daedalus is money and battles my champ tern for max distance depending on the situation.

Champion Daedalus is RIDICULOUS... It's more stable than any champ tern I've thrown which is quite a few, and longer. It seems to be 13, 7, -1, 2.5... I always felt like I couldn't really step on my terns and go all out, but the champ Daedalus is different. I also couldn't reliably throw my terns FH but the Daedalus takes it. I have 425ft power BH and 400ft on the FH.
PDGA#57963

Well that sounds like my next driver purchase. My champ tern started out stable but got flippy and I already love my Gstar daedalus for the glide and the feel of the rim bh and fh but it's getting flippy too.

Daedalus is flippier than Tern...

They actually have the same rating in Gstar. My Gstar tern is only 170 so it isn't apples to apples but i'd say those ratings are pretty close, they both go over the same amount but the daedalus fights back a little sooner. If the champ to Gstar relationship is the same for daedalus as it is for tern, it should season into a hyzer flip machine.

My Champion Daedalus is a different animal than my GStars. Flies like the newer VIP Kings.