• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

My gstar boss is a beefy sandwhich, my gstar roc3 is sweet butter roll, my gstar destroyer is like a bullet, and my gstar ifs teebird is a tree destroyer everytime I've thrown it it's hit a tree.

Got a Krait and Eagle-L in this blend, and I think Innova should just retire regular Star. This plastic is awesome.

For what I use it for, it can do no wrong. Pure money and I will have to buy a few more back-ups.

Hyzerflips and longer turnovers, I assume?
I guess the question should have been...does it fly like a valk is supposed to? Just making sure it's not goofy overstable or way flippy .

Got a Krait and Eagle-L in this blend, and I think Innova should just retire regular Star. This plastic is awesome.

The G* is great but I don't think they should retire regular Star. One of the reasons I love Innova is that I can get some of my favorite discs (Teebird, Wraith, Destroyer) in a bunch of different plastic blends. Plus, the regular Star feels better for throwing FH where I prefer G* for BH. I like having options.

Hyzerflips and longer turnovers, I assume?
I guess the question should have been...does it fly like a valk is supposed to? Just making sure it's not goofy overstable or way flippy .

Essentially.

Truth be told I cannot normally throw level with a hyzer and get any snap on it. I cannot hyzerflip distance drivers with any regularity, but the GStar, likely because of the improved grip because of the plastic, I can actually get something into a mild hyzer which allows a long and really lazy S, almost straight.

All winter long I have been playing only short courses, to reduce the chances of losing discs, and because of the long winter I really have not had to use maximum distance form for the last six months. I am still trying to work that back in my game. That means recently my normal 380-410 foot drives have been reduced to be about 330-350. Yesterday I crushed several 360-390 drives, some requiring tight lines because of trees, with the Valkyrie which were essentially low line drives that accomplished it by slightly popping up from a mild hyzer.

These were not my open field maximum distance throws, which I throw with a more flat release, so I am guessing that I could turn and burn these over. Yet for long and accurate drives, I am really digging these Valkyries in this plastic. It is a touch more stable than regular Valkyries and reminds me a lot of the stability of Champion Glow. It is not going to be an overstable meathook, but it is not going to be flippy either.

Orcs, Rhynos and Sidewinders up next in GStar. I for sure will snap up a Rhyno.

Yeah, my bag is set unless they release the Firebird within the next couple of weeks. Once I get into the heart of the tournament season I am going to roll with what I have. Currently I am running Roc3s, Roadrunners, Leopards, TeeBirds, Valkyries, and Destroyers in GStar.

Now that I think of it, I would not mind giving a Mako a try in this plastic.

Perfect, man, thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to know.
For the slot I'm filling I think DX is where I need to be, but I'm tempted to snag a high-160's gstar and see what I can do for max d once I get my arm stretched out again.

RHYNOS!!!!!

I dropped the Aviar Driver because it had too much glide for what I needed in that slot. Have been wanting to get the Rhyno back in the bag. One of my first discs. I think a G* Rhyno would be perfect.

My gstar valk is significantly more stable than any of my other 4 valks (3 pro one star). I supposed thats okay if you want a stable valk but I wanted it to throw like my others.

Ah, that's a bummer. I need worn/understable in the slot I'm looking to fill. Oh well, that's why I have DX. Appreciate the response - you and smarkquart are saving me $15.

Anyone thrown the G* Valkyrie yet? Thoughts? Plus rimmed?

It's more stable than other Valks, like a heavy JL Champ. If you want understable go with a DX or Pro. I was surprised how stable this was.

That being said, I really like this disc. It can hold a nice anhyzer line for a long distance before flexing out and setting down softly. It's got a great feel for these 40-50 degree days, whereas regular star is quite stiff.

Anyone have much experience with the G* star boss? Are they more understable than the champs or more stable?

gstar Mamba review.

After some consternation via trial and error, this disc is by far the furthest straight tunnel shot disc that I've thrown. With an outer wing way down, full power release it will flip to flat and fly 5-8' off the ground for over 300' before beginning to drop. It doesn't skip at all because it lands flat and as soft as the plastic is, it sticks hard. So, if you're looking for laser beam straight with no skip, very little slide and low-low out to around 350-375', this is the disc.

Thrown higher with less outer wing down it will flip to flat then anny the rest of the way nicely but doesn't really fly any further than my DX Archangel and is a bit less consistent than the AA so I'm sticking with it as a long, tunnel shot disc only. I will probably only pack it on courses where I know such a hole is waiting.