• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova plastic

anthonyxxx

The other day i bought a tye dye Champ Beast, and the plastic in some spots is extremely glossy looking, and in others it is dull. And i do not know what to think of it??:confused:

A lot of innovas champ plastic is like that lately. Someone once said it is from the machine they put it on after a while will do that until they replace something.

I dont know, but its common on Innova discs but they still fly right.

I like discs that fly right and have character flaws...I carry one avair that has a thorn sticking thru the rim, can't use it but it's a cool story. (I know that's not the same thing, just sayin') ;)

The mold probably needs polishing. I work for an injection molding company (trying to get them to build a disc mold, by the way, so I can keep all the rejects!), and after so many cycles the cavity surface wears down. Either Innova doesn't want to spend the money to polish the mold or can't afford the downtime to do it right now, if their QA dept has even noticed it. I've gotten a couple of terrible looking discs before, so not really sure how strict their quality standards are; that "defect" may be considered acceptable. We mold medical parts, which have to adhere to strict standards, so I tend to notice the smallest little defects that may be acceptable for other parts. Usually for parts such as discs, if it does not affect the function, it may pass.

Yeah sometimes things like that can look cool and sometimes like ****. I'm not huge into tye-dye but when the star plastic has a color flaw or like a stripe of a different color than the dye I love it.

Yeah sometimes things like that can look cool and sometimes like ****. I'm not huge into tye-dye but when the star plastic has a color flaw or like a stripe of a different color than the dye I love it.

I have a CE Champion Spider that has that flaw...a darker irregular streak going thru the middle.

Those are ones I'm talking about. One of my favorites is my Star TeeRex, it's super bright green with random white and dark green swirls all over in it, looks BA

You should see this valk at PIAS. Star, camo green and mud brown swirled, looks like an oil pool rainbow but all in the turd range of colors.

It is amazing but would be impossible to find in even the best conditions.

You should see this valk at PIAS. Star, camo green and mud brown swirled, looks like an oil pool rainbow but all in the turd range of colors.

It is amazing but would be impossible to find in even the best conditions.

That's so you can lie about bad drives to your foursome, and throw a bright orange one down when they're not looking.

I used to work at a sporting goods store and there was a Star Cro in there that was a pinkish-white with yellow, green and brown swirls, we called the color shrimp puke.

the poop disc would work well in the snow.

Oh so true...I will buy it and ship (actually mistyped a t originally) it. I have been dying to buy the ugly bastard but could never use it here.

Yeah next time I go there I will take one...just fear that a cell camera will not capture its full poopy glory accurately.

The other day i bought a tye dye Champ Beast, and the plastic in some spots is extremely glossy looking, and in others it is dull. And i do not know what to think of it??:confused:

The glossy parts are the products of Ken Climo's ball sweat which is harvested by Innova after every tournament and then ran through the machines. They were running out of Climo juice when your disc came through the assembly line.