• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova vs Discraft Poll

What Brand do You Use THE MOST?

• Innova

Votes: 257 66.6%
  • Discraft

Votes: 114 29.5%
  • Other

Votes: 15 3.9%

• Total voters
I've thrown exclusively Discraft for three years now and I'm still loving it, Discraft tends to have the most consistent disc to disc production and I honestly just like all 7 molds I throw, they've carried my game so far in the last 3 years. I don't think either company makes better or worst discs, I just have little incentive to change. I also get a kick out of how many ams on the forum throw over 20 molds. I think players generally advance their games more by picking a few molds and really learning them well rather then trying a new disc every week. Just my $.02

I've thrown exclusively Discraft for three years now and I'm still loving it, Discraft tends to have the most consistent disc to disc production and I honestly just like all 7 molds I throw, they've carried my game so far in the last 3 years. I don't think either company makes better or worst discs, I just have little incentive to change. I also get a kick out of how many ams on the forum throw over 20 molds. I think players generally advance their games more by picking a few molds and really learning them well rather then trying a new disc every week. Just my $.02

i tend to agree.... (although i have slimmed my bag down to the "essentials" - 14 discs.)

I try very hard to minimize my bag and find discs that overlap.

Can someone provide a brief explanation why the weights fluctuate as much as they do? It seems to me if either Discraft or Innova want to make a run of 175g Whatevers, all you do is accurately measure the plastic goop and properly cook it and viola, you now have a 175g disc.
It seems very random to me.

As has been covered elsewhere on DGCR, they make different weights by mixing certain materials in different proportions to make heavier and lighter "runs". There is some variation within runs, but if they want to make max weight or 165g's, they mix the ingredients accordingly.
That's my understanding, anyways.

Mostly Discraft drivers (Avenger, AvengerSS, Stratus, Crush) but also a TL and a Sidewinder.
Mostly Innova mid-range (Rancho, San Marino and Ontario Rocs) but also a Drone and Zone.
All Gateway putters (Magic in SS, SSS, and E Series).

i have:

11 innova
5 discraft

im slowly moving into discraft territory tho, as stated by many others earlier in the thread, when i first started i only knew about innova, i thought discraft was a low grade brand.

I'm an Innova man since that's all that was available for years. Innova has SO many different models all made in different plastics and weights, the combinations are almost endless and I can't even fathom the idea of trying every model in every plastic and every weight, it would take years and years. I defintitely enjoy trying different discs but I can't imagine adding a whole different companies entire line of discs in different plastics.....etc. It's all too much to learn and remember, and I need to save some brain capacity for other things. :)

Typically 13 Discs

6 Innova (mostly drivers and proline leopard)
5 Discraft (mostly mids and predator)
2 Gateway (wizards)
:):)

I have mostly Innovas, a couple of Discrafts.

I think there should be disc golf pro shops that have driving ranges. We have all used the practice baskets for mids and putters, but how exactly will the goofy way that i throw affect the flight of this driver. I will open one when I hit the lottery and become independently wealthy.

I'm all about Innova drivers, with the exception of a Surge or two and some Lat64 Strikers. I love Discraft mid-ranges like the Buzzz and Wasp. Gateway putters. I feel like that is a pretty common combo.

My primary drives are usually executed with Innova drivers, and I'll usually go to my Discraft Buzz and Flick for more finesse shots & putts. I also throw my Gateway Apache every now and then.

i have been an innova guy with the exception of wizards since i started playing two years ago, but recently picked up the drone and stalker.

I love both! i started by playing with strictly Innova plastic, but recently started experimenting with other companies such as Discraft and Gateway. My Surge has pretty much replaced my Wraith in terms of Max Distance, and I primarily putt with a Challanger. I go back and forth between my Buzzz and my Roc, depending on the situation. haven't really found a fairway driver that can beat my Teebird and Eagle, and I love the Diablo Dt for forehand Drives. My advice would be not to settle on one company. Every player is different, and different plastics, shapes, stabilities, and speeds work for different people. As more product comes into the market, and as you evolve as a player what once worked for you may not one day.

13 Innova
2 Gateway
2 Lat 64
1 Discraft

72% Innova, but when the Lat 64 River comes out it'll be down to only 2/3 Innova.

My bag was exclusively Innova when I first started throwing, slowly it started turning Discraft a few years ago. I think it was when I got my first Buzzz. Now, all my putters, mids and fairway drivers are Discraft (Soft Banger GT, Buzzz, Stalker), with multiples of each in varying stages of wear. Still got a few Innova that get used every round though, my distance drivers, (Champ Valkyrie, Pro and Star Wraiths). Probably 80/20 in favor of Discraft.

i have never used a discraft disc i didnt like. im slowly making that switch over from innova. most of my bag is innova just because they are easier to find when i started, then all the stores around here said, BAM mofuggas heres discraft. picked up and avenger ss, loved it, picked up more, loved, em, i will pick more up and i will love them also. im always going to keep a groove and a wraith in my bag but everything else by innova besides a roc is pretty much crap. ehh maybe a teebird. actually now that i think about it i lost my teebird and i replaced it with an express, which i love alot more, so nevermind that whole teebird thing. and discraft has better plastic.