• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Installing Disc golf course on a ball golf course

gbeavers

My name is Greg and I am an owner of an 18 hole ball golf course, we recently installed an 18 hole disc golf course on the back 9. It follows the same layout as the ball golf course with some holes having two or three disc holes on them. We did this in April and have only had one issue where the disc golfer did not feel safe with the ball golfers out there as well. That is the only issue we have had and we have put through about 90 rounds of disc golfers and 9000 rounds of ball golfers. We do charge $5 to play and the novelty and ability to rent golf carts to the disc players has been welcomed and appreciated by most disc golfers. If you know of a course that would be interested in discussing the possibility of installing the disc golf course on a ball golf course I would be happy to assist in any way as well as go over numbers in more details. If anyone has questions about the course please feel free to contact me.

Thanks. Where others are attempting to install disc golf on regular golf courses, I'm sure they'll appreciate a reference from a golf course owner with a positive experience.

I assume given you location that this is Pine Hills. From the map it looks interesting. How do you inter-mix and what DG/golf ratio do you think you could support?

What reaction have you had from the golfers?

If you're looking to get more DG business - get some pics and reviews up on this site.

I assume given you location that this is Pine Hills. From the map it looks interesting. How do you inter-mix and what DG/golf ratio do you think you could support?

What reaction have you had from the golfers?

If you're looking to get more DG business - get some pics and reviews up on this site.

This... great post. Do you offer any disc golf products in your clubhouse?

Andersen Air Force Base Guam is looking to add a disc golf course to their ball golf course. 1. to increase usage of the ball golf course. 2. to generate a modest revenue stream with minimal added expenditures. 3. cause it would be really awesome for the local community.

Latest posts