• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Introducing SD, Salient Discs

Prototypes haven't even been sent to testers. It will probably be quite a while before there are any production discs available.

created the hype WAY! too early. Didn't you learn from Prodigy's blunder? You don't even have a disc read for approval yet....seriously why would you annouce a new business and not have a product to deliver to the masses right away?

created the hype WAY! too early. Didn't you learn from Prodigy's blunder? You don't even have a disc read for approval yet....seriously why would you annouce a new business and not have a product to deliver to the masses right away?

Build hype. People will become more and more curious.

Build hype. People will become more and more curious.

ya thats fine and all...if you have something definitive about the product you will be releasing. but here there is nothing but possibly and maybe. What is there to build hype around in this case? For my job I have been doing alot of reading about advertising and doing what SD is here is a BIG no no. building hype can backfire, especially if you are unable to deliver what you said you would (which remains to be seen)

Prodigy at least had a couple of discs approved and ready for manufacturing when they announced. Their pros unfortunately jumped the gun a bit. Look at how much hate they immediately got for not having the discs ready to ship that week.

Legacy, announced when they had a product ready to ship. Though rumors were already running around.

Heck even UB (as much as I dislike their "image") announced and already had a disc sent off for approval. They have pictures of their stamps and discs. as well as descriptions of the feel.

Last edited:
ya thats fine and all...if you have something definitive about the product you will be releasing. but here there is nothing but possibly and maybe. What is there to build hype around in this case? For my job I have been doing alot of reading about advertising and doing what SD is here is a BIG no no.

Prodigy at least had a couple of discs approved and ready for manufacturing when they announced. Their pros unfortunately jumped the gun a bit. Look at how much hate they immediately got for not having the discs ready to ship that week.

Legacy, announced when they had a product ready to ship. Though rumors were already running around.

Heck even UB (as much as I dislike their "image") announced and already had a disc sent off for approval. They have pictures of their stamps and discs. as well as descriptions of the feel.
UB is retooling that disc, if that matters in this discussion.

UB is retooling that disc, if that matters in this discussion.

nothing wrong with that. if it didnt turn out they way they had intended i would want them to go back and make it right. but still they have an actual physical product to discuss.

nothing wrong with that. if it didnt turn out they way they had intended i would want them to go back and make it right. but still they have an actual physical product to discuss.

We have a completed mold, hundreds of test discs and a completed website as well as testing here in the south for the past 2 months. However, we also have a date we will make an "official" announcement along with everything going live. Until then we will be waiting...

We have a completed mold, hundreds of test discs and a completed website as well as testing here in the south for the past 2 months. However, we also have a date we will make an "official" announcement along with everything going live. Until then we will be waiting...

thank you!! Can we be more specific.. Such as Summer, Fall, Winter...

Fine, I'll not post in here again. Just trying to be enthusiastic about the sport.

9088704592_45ff87ef37_o.jpg

Fine, I'll not post in here again. Just trying to be enthusiastic about the sport.

9088704592_45ff87ef37_o.jpg

lol!
that pic seems really fimilar. wasnt there an actor that was super short and did the bug eye thing?

Latest posts