• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Ion Replacement

I'd be interested in your ions if they are soft. Pm me if you are getting rid of them...

I throw them and nothing else...so I have no other input except tuck your chin a bit and aim for the back row links...

Wizards won't have a sunken top til you beat them up. My vote is for the kc aviar or pro-d challenger.

Or if you don't mind oop discs the fr pro aviar is exactly what you want.

Wizards in SS or SSS are pretty nice...and a bit more overstable than an Ion.

I currently have the Ion and Classic Judge battling it out for my straight putter slot in the bag. I'm leaning towards the Judge for just the reasons in the OP.

SSS Wizard (OS)/ Classic (hard) Judge (Straight)/ DX Wedge (US)

Yeti Pro Aviar have sunken tops, less glide than Ions, but similar stability. I was thinking Wizards or BB Aviar for more stability that will not glide as much as an Ion. You might also search Legacy Clozer too. Also, Prodigy PA1s don't have a bead.

Wizards won't have a sunken top til you beat them up. My vote is for the kc aviar or pro-d challenger.

Or if you don't mind oop discs the fr pro aviar is exactly what you want.

Take a firm wizard and stand on the flight plate. I "yeti-ed" an orange soft wizard and people adored it. Works for most firm flight plate wizards and yields amazing results.

I don't putt with them, but a Yeti Pro Aviar sounds like what you're looking for. They soften up in the summer but are stiff and grippy in the cold.

Another vote for the yeti. It sounds like what you're describing; beaded and a sunken top

I'm surprised by the civility in this thread. I guess everyone loves their putters so much they'll put aside their "indian vs. arrow" sentiments and chip in a mold suggestion. Well done DGCRers! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Why not just stick with the Ion, its the best all around putter.

I use it for literally everything.

Just get max weight for less glide

I don't think judges are the answer. Mine have equal to or more glide vs an Ion.

I'd personally love to find something off the tee that is close to an Ion but lower profile. Good HSS with a dependable fade that's lower profile than an Ion. After throwing Judges the Ion just feels too deep.

Latest posts