• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is it wrong to keep a found disc?

Is it wrong to keep a found disc?

• Call the number on the bottom and try to return it

Votes: 78 83.9%
  • Leave it on the next tee

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Put it in your bag

Votes: 14 15.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to justify it all you want, it is a lost disc, it is illegal.

it is considered a theft if you know an item does not belong to you, and you fail to take reasonable measures to locate the owner.

This could including finding something in a public space, and not making a reasonable effort to locate a lost and found.

It's not yours, you found it in a public place, you did not call the number(reasonable effort)...CASE CLOSED

Abandonment: Voluntary relinquishment of all right, title, claim, and possession, with the intention of not reclaiming it.

It is not abandoned until you give them the chance to reclaim it and they refuse.

I always try to return the discs that I have found, if there is a number I will call it. If there isn't a number then I will post it on the boards. I have found 5 discs in my 3 years of playing and I have only been able to return 1.

Where's Katana?

I threw him into the poison oak. If you find him you can keep him. However, if you find the red pro katana that I lost at Oregon Park because I threw too many discs at once, please call. I do want that one back. :(

Katana has not been on in 3 weeks, looks like Leppard is solo for this battle :)

I think he is still out looking for an alternate definition of abandonment to try to save face.

Had a great lost disc experience last evening.

A buddy's drive kicked off a tree and dropped into the middle of a pond, a good 30-40 feet out in the mucky-muck. Purple disc, not even visible from shore in the fading light. We all figured that one was a goner, or maybe at best someone would pluck it out and return it eventually if the stars were properly aligned and all.

Finish the round at dusk and walk off course. Stop at a picnic table for a rest before leaving. A few minutes later a guy comes out of the darkness (and back from the parking area) wondering if any of us had lost a disc in the pond. Sure enough, he had my pal's disc. Said he had thrown his own drive in the drink and it ended up a couple feet away from the other. Must have been a wet and stinky retrieval. Small world and all that, faith in humanity, etc.

Sorry for the drift. I say unmarked discs are fair game, discs with names should be returned or given to a reliable lost and found, like a park office.

I had dreams all night that my whole bag was stolen. I ended up getting the bag back..... empty. I quickly thought of replacement discs I would buy immediately. I think I was trying to psych myself into buying some more discs, it has been a whole week since I have snatched up some new plastic

Had a great lost disc experience last evening.

A buddy's drive kicked off a tree and dropped into the middle of a pond, a good 30-40 feet out in the mucky-muck. Purple disc, not even visible from shore in the fading light. We all figured that one was a goner, or maybe at best someone would pluck it out and return it eventually if the stars were properly aligned and all.

Finish the round at dusk and walk off course. Stop at a picnic table for a rest before leaving. A few minutes later a guy comes out of the darkness (and back from the parking area) wondering if any of us had lost a disc in the pond. Sure enough, he had my pal's disc. Said he had thrown his own drive in the drink and it ended up a couple feet away from the other. Must have been a wet and stinky retrieval. Small world and all that, faith in humanity, etc.

Sorry for the drift. I say unmarked discs are fair game, discs with names should be returned or given to a reliable lost and found, like a park office.

nice guy, if he goes in something gross and you wont- you should reward him

New player

I just started playing and Ive called/texted for every disc that I've found (8) discs. I just returned a star beast yesterday and the guy was nice enough to give me a disc in return (second time that this has happened). I don't mind returning discs since my valkerie has been returned twice, and since there's a chance that I can make someones day AND get a disc that better fits my skill level, I'm all for it. My 2 cents

Where's Katana?

It's a beautiful Saturday morning, where do you think he is? :p ;)

Disc%20Golf.jpg

I try and call. I have even tried to google the person's name when the number was bad. I have had people call me before and it is a great feeling esp when it was your go to disc. if i can't find them, i throw them.

Do I really have to go through this again?

Look, if you find a disc on it, and it has a number, CALL IT!!!!! if you dont you will be guilty of douchebaggery and if its my disc and I see you with it, I will probably knock you out, take my disc back,and launch a big fat steamy sewer pickle in your bag.

These are all things I have stated before its almost like I am
beating-a-dead-horse.gif

:wall:

for future references Newbies these are off limits for new Threads:
1. "Is this an ace"
2. "Do you return discs"
3. "Innova or Disccraft" or "Buzz Vs Roc"

1. "Is this an ace"
2. "Do you return discs"

There should be a link on the Home page for each of these threads, Like a "Noob Corner" or something

1. "Is this an ace"
2. "Do you return discs"

Hell, I still enjoy #3 on that list, but the first 2? Yeah.:wall:

I found a DX Valk in Castle Hayne that was half melted in the controlled burn they had, I'm not sure I should call Kevin S. or not. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want it back, on the other hand he might want some resolution. IDK.

Same goes for Pennsylvania. Looks like you're fighting a losing cause:

Theft of property lost, mislaid, or delivered by mistake - 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 3924
A person who comes into control of property of another that he knows to have been lost, mislaid, or delivered under a mistake as to the nature or amount of the property or the identity of the recipient is guilty of theft if, with intent to deprive the owner thereof, he fails to take reasonable measures to restore the property to a person entitled to have it.

Sweet, so basically, I can litter all I want, as long as I write my name on it and my phone number on what ever I litter. Then if someone asks me about littering, I can just say no I still want it, but if it's too much work to return it, you can keep it. Sounds like a good deal. Or I could always litter or whatever, and hide in bushes right next to where they pick it up, and call the police when they fail to attempt to return my trash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts