• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Is your first disc still bagged and being used?

my first set was a 3 pack from REI... threw the leopard in a lake, have the shark in a box and the aviar in my car as a practice/place to roll up smokes disc

No. It resides in a place of honor on my wall as it (a DGA 150 class Squall) was my 1st ace.

The first disc I bought was a Soft Magnet, not in the bag though. The disc that had been in my bag the longest is my X-Comet. I bought it about 2-3 years ago and it's still being used regularly.

I still have my first disc... an Aerobie Epic (I had no idea what I was doing). But I will cherish that disc because it led me to this great sport.

The first disc I bought back in 2008(maybe '07) was a white Pro Shark. I used it a lot for all of my midrange duty and for a brief winter I even used it for putts.

Now it is still in my bag as long as snow isn't on the ground it is in my bag. I no longer use it for all midrange duties but keep it for approaches where I don't feel like using a putter or need long turnover approaches.
A new Shark3 has taken over the majority of the midrange off the tee duties.

i do still have mine. old grid aviar i bought from play it again (i didn't even know it was worth anything at the time). threw it for a long time got my very first ace with it and now it is on the wall. it could find its way into the bag whenever i lose the disc i replaced it with.

This might be cheating because I have only been playing for less than two years but yes, my 175 Star Leopard is still a staple in my bag. Flies dead straight, slight right, or slight left depending on release angle.

Rather boring but I have yet to go a round without pulling it out at least once.

Yup. The DX Aviar P&A(double ring Sanny) I bought back in 2006 was my first disc, and it' still in the bag. It's totally thrashed, but it can't be beat for short dogleg rights or touch approaches. I throw it all the time!

I have my 1st disc, a red star destroyer that I couldn't throw for the 1st year that I had it, in my bag. Its my longest driver now. I keep another one in the bag also just so I don't have to take risky shots with the original. I would hate to lose it.

Actually no. Only been playing just over 3 months and my first disc was a Buzzz that I never could get comfortable with so I traded it off. Don't know if it is because I have smallish hands or because I have arthritis issues or a combination of the two but shallower rimmed mids work better for me.

Since I started playing almost 24 years ago, my first disc is not in my bag but I still have it! Actually I bought my first 3 discs the same day and still have all 3 of them. DX stingray, DX hammer and DX aviar p&a. My idea of a "starter set" lol.

The first disc I bought was a dx shark. Still have it but don't use it. Than I bought a 150 g starter set that I didn't didn't like at all. About 3 years ago after I got a little more serious I bought a couple dx eagles a Z Buzzz and Z Comet. Lost the Comet. Thought I loved the dx Eagles until I tried Champ Tee birds. Still have and use the Buzzz for almost all my mid range shots. It amazes me that it still flies nearly the same after all this time.

I still have my first putter, Aviar, and it is going back in the bag for winter golf.

Almost yes... My first backup putter (4th disc ever) is still in my bag. The first and first replacement are both yellow, 175g, DX Aviar P & As. The original is retired.

The replacement is my most flippy putter. It's great for right turning, lower power shots, when I can't afford to have it come back at all at the end of the flight. RHBH it will just go right, and keep on going right.

Shut up Bender. You're going to get a lot of "no" answers whether you like it or not. Here's another one:

My first disc was a DX Gazelle, so I hung it on my wall after it was nice and seasoned. I still throw Gazelles though, including DX ones. Just not the same one. I wouldn't call my first my most prized Gazelle (that would either be my 4x or my signed 7x), but I'd give up a lot of the other ones before I'd give that one up.

The other two discs I bought that day are long gone...

Yes I do. Its in the bag and is used many times in a round. Star TL. When I first bought it I used to fh it a mile in the air. Straight up in the air that is. I didnt know anything at the time. Now it is a great BH disc for me. I remember saying to myself " look at all these nerds with these bags full of frisbees" lol. I never knew what I was getting myself into.

my first disc was a dx roc that had a cool swirled orange plastic blend..

ended up losing it in some insanely thick and thorny brush about 6 months after i started playing. about 10 months later I got a call that someone found it.. but i told them to keep it. Wasnt to worried about it at the time. Although, i guess it would have been cool to have gotten my first ever disc back. Oh well lol

Latest posts