• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Is your first disc still bagged and being used?

Yes and Yes

I still have my DGA "Steady Ed" Blowfly in the bag. Me and my buddies use it to play catch before a round to get warmed up. I also use it for killer Turbo Putts.

Boom:

DSCN1294_zps89407543.jpg

My first disc, a 170 aviar. Absolutely money for slow glidey anny approaches.

KG505 Delivers :hfive:

I should throw up a picture of my wraith.

My first disc, a 170 aviar. Absolutely money for slow glidey anny approaches.

i have a 175g aviar. i completely agree i use it for the same purposes. one of my first 4 discs that i purchased. best $8 i ever spent

First discs were the Innova starter set with a 150g Leopard, Shark and Aviar.

After playing a couple of months...I purchased 4 new discs.
The only one that is still in my bag is an 165g Opto River.

My wife and children have taken my starter set. At least they are still getting used.

My first disc, a DX Shark, is/was in the swamp at a local course...
still have my original putter though, but its retired on the wall now.

My first disc was a max weight 12x champ teebird that I didnt like because it would fade out on me everytime. traded it away. now here I am buying the beefiest teebirds I can find. :doh: I picked up a max weight 12x champ teebird to give it another chance, and I love it. is it the same disc? no...but its the same mold that went away and came back..that still counts, right? I would think that if people are keeping their first disc, it would be kept in there for utility rollers with them being in the bag so long and beat up...(unless of course you just started playing a couple years ago)

My first EVER disc was a DX Stingray given to me while in cub scouts- this must have been..... 15 years ago or so? It eventually turned into a dog disc long before I ever got into disc golf. First disc I ever purchased myself was a Z reaper (I didn't know any better) That thing got so beat from noob hyzers all day that by the time I learned proper form it was straight as an arrow. I eventually lost it, bought a new Reaper, but it was never the same.

Yes I do. My first 2 discs ever were:

DX Aviar P&A and Star Wraith

The DX Aviar I traded away eventually, but the Star Wraith is still bagged and beautiful. Over about 5 years of play now, it is thoroughly broken in and quite flippy with a nice and small fade at the tail end. It has never left my bag, only partially due to sentiment, but mostly due to it being an incredible disc for me. My body learned to throw on this thing. I am molded to it. I now use it for my max distance shots rather than any tee shot. I even dyed the sucker this last season to spice up the faded old stamp. This disc has led me to buy far more of this mold. I've owned basically all the plastics that it comes in and permanently have 3 Wraiths bagged (Nearly new Champions, Beat to Hades original Star, and a moderate Blizzard. For neutral stability, pretty sure Wraith is always going to be my distance choice.

The first disc I OWNED is a champ valkyrie I found while looking for the discs I was playing with (which I borrowed from a roommate). I still have it but no longer throw it because I no longer throw that particular mold. I have it on a shelf with a few special discs so I can hang onto it though.

The first disc I owned I think was in the trunk of my '80 Buick Century when I sold it. :\

My first disc, a 178 g. DX Scorpion was finally lost after many years of service....still miss it! I do still have my first putter though, a DX Pirahna, but its on permanent hiatus now days.

My first disc, a 178 g. DX Scorpion was finally lost after many years of service....still miss it! I do still have my first putter though, a DX Pirahna, but its on permanent hiatus now days.

Scorpions! Love it! I actually have 2 of the old glow scorps up on my wall. Lol. Good times

It was until a couple nights ago, a DX Viking 175g. Its not too beat yet, but I replaced it with the exact same model and color (blue) I bought back when I lost it (obviously I got it returned)

I haven't used it much lately as I've been mostly using lower speed discs like the Underworld, Roc and Tursas to drive

not even close. I have a 7-year-old DX Roc in my bag that is the senior member of my bag, but I have been playing seriously for going on 10 years now. The first disc I ever personally owned was a DX Raven from when I was all of 9 years old. It has been long lost to a tree or bush unknown.

That said, if I lost that Roc, I would probably cry myself to sleep for 2 weeks. It would be awful.

Latest posts