• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] It exists!!! The Opto Pure Thread

got 2 of the red-orange ones from discnation in the mail today, and they feel heavenly. the test material is actually pretty nice feeling too. hopefully they fly as nice as they feel.

Folks, the Opto Pure is such a sweet disc. It has replaced any thought of going back to CE Aviars in the future. These things are just money off the tee and on approach.

Folks, the Opto Pure is such a sweet disc. It has replaced any thought of going back to CE Aviars in the future. These things are just money off the tee and on approach.

It's posts like this that let me know I'm not alone in my adoration of the Pure but I still don't understand why it isn't more popular than it is. It's a conundrum...

well i think it is because there are so many discs that fly like this already, and i definitely would not use this disc for putting, i believe it is a midrange disc that they named a putter, so it seems more than it is, jrawk uses other PURE putters for actual putting that are far better, for putting ( i think it is a different plastic or something)

I'm trying to think of a similar non-beaded putter in premium plastic, with a low profile, that is neutral at high speeds and holds a line like a comet, with lots of glide for a putter and is readily available on the market.

Maybe an anode. But as previously mentioned, MVP plastic is slick and the anode under-rim is funky.

But I do indeed like the TM2's or Grip Line Pures better for putting.

I'm trying to think of a similar non-beaded putter in premium plastic, with a low profile, that is neutral at high speeds and holds a line like a comet, with lots of glide for a putter and is readily available on the market.

Seems like he was saying it overlaps with straight flying mids more than anything else. If you use the Pure as your putting putter, it makes a lot of sense to add an Opto pure for an approach disc. But, if you already throw a different putter and a straight flying mid, then adding an Opto Pure is sorta like adding a Star Dart. Nice disc, but something of a tweener, and just means carrying an extra mold that you're indecisive about throwing.

I don't really have a problem putting with my Opto's other than the heavy weight they are singularly available in. I find it curious the concensus is that premium plastic is scary to putt with when it actually works quite marvelous.

I find the optos slide through and spit out of the chains rather easily. Where as the other plastics have more friction against the chains, stick and drop into the basket. Your milage may vary.

Today I was finally able to put the correct amount of hyzer on my release to get the Opto Pure to hold that line and glide forever. I've been throwing them too straight, and missing some approaches I could nail easily with a Jokeri. I knew the Pure could do it, just had to overcome my lack of skill. Really enjoying them, but will be keeping my eye out for the next run with what will hopefully be some lighter weights. 168-172 seems to be my sweet spot.

Today I was finally able to put the correct amount of hyzer on my release to get the Opto Pure to hold that line and glide forever. I've been throwing them too straight, and missing some approaches I could nail easily with a Jokeri. I knew the Pure could do it, just had to overcome my lack of skill. Really enjoying them, but will be keeping my eye out for the next run with what will hopefully be some lighter weights. 168-172 seems to be my sweet spot.

i like my putters in that weight range too. i managed to snag some of the test runs that light...hoping they make for a gnarly turnover approach disc.

i always see this thread on the recent post threads on the home page and ive never clicked on it, but for some reason i had a dream last night i was at a pias and they had like ten of em for like 2 dollars each and i bought em all and went on here and sold em for 5 dollars each haha

from what i understood,they wont do any in light weights,it wont mold right or the flight is different when made light. thats the reason they only made them max weightish.

Maybe GL??? I can dream. Or I'll just have to learn to throw better someday.

GL Pures

I'm too dumb to order from Sweden. Waiting for it to hit here. Unless you want to trade some GL Pures for something????? :thmbup:

They cost 25$ + 9-10$ shipping.
Regular price for GL in sweden is 22$.

Plastic is way cheaper in the US.
Here we have to pay 13$ for dx discs.. And thats online.
In sport shops they cost even more.

Wait for the US release instead and buy 2discs.. :)