• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

It sure feels good to be back in the saddle!

Flyguy46

Par Member
Premium Member
Greetings from the Gimpy Disc Golfer, :D

Returning to a sport you love can be pretty awesome! Today was just that sort of day for me, especially after have been off the disc course for over 10 years.

My family and I went to a park to hang out. I grabbed my bag of discs to do a little practice throwing simply to see what I could do before getting out to a course. Standing in the sidelines of an empty soccer field I grabbed a few discs out of the bag and just wanted to get back into throwing. Luckily with two energetic kids they just wanted to go chase discs for me. I threw probably 20-30 throws before really wondering about my throws.

I turned UDisc on and started measuring throws. After 5 throws I was at a median distance of 163 feet. Surprisingly, at least to me, I did pull off one (1) 194 ft huck.

So why tell you all this? I had not thrown the disc that I used until today! I went out with no expectations of what I was going to do as it was truly my first day back to throwing disc. I went and had fun just throwing a disc.

I did put in some steps measuring my throws. I think my physical therapy is going to be a little different for me than most here on out.

Only problem now is, I have the need to get out again! And again!! And again!!!

And, as a side note. If you live in the Southeast Metro Denver area, hit me up. I am ready to huck some disc.

Latest posts