• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

It's gotta be the shoes.

Footwear and foot placement makes a huge difference when driving and putting. When you slip in the box on a drive your foot placement will determine the angle of release on your disc and will affect throw velocity. I believe this to be a fact. I have watched guys slip and throw and i've watched guys not slip and throw and 99% of the time the guy that doesn't slip throws farther and a hell of a lot more accurately than the slipper.

And for putting, if you can't be comfortable in your foot placement or footwear, it's just another distraction from sinking the put.

I try to always wear my most comfortable sneakers when palying on dry ground and my best waterproof light hiking boots for wet weather. I will not practice in anything other then these two types of footwear.

hope this helps/

The majority of the courses I play are mostly grass, but I'll wear hiking boots while I play rougher courses. The biggest problem for me is people breaking bottles on the course...I hate broken glass...

Ditto - I would play barefoot if I could except for stupid glass... really a pet peeve of mine.

I played this weekend, and it was so hot that after a couple of rounds, I swapped from my Gote-Tex Merrell Chameleons to a pair of Columbia river sandals... (don't know the model), and it was a huge help the rest of the day -- many great drives, and I think it was just because I was more comfortable and (as has been said before) felt lighter on my feel.

I'm itching to try some Vibram FiveFingers, those look like the perfect shoes IMHO. But I'm happiest barefoot, so those seem to be the next best thing. Anyone here tried them?

Latest posts