• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jackson Wyoming?

caveman62

Going to be in Jackson, WY with family second week of August. I'm in VA where we have mountains but not MOUNTAINS like WY. I have this dream in my head where I'm standing a mile up on a mountain and see a basket 1/2 mile down in the valley. Does any such thing exist near Jackson WY? Worth escaping my in-laws? Or at least a good enough excuse?

Going to be in Jackson, WY with family second week of August. I'm in VA where we have mountains but not MOUNTAINS like WY. I have this dream in my head where I'm standing a mile up on a mountain and see a basket 1/2 mile down in the valley. Does any such thing exist near Jackson WY? Worth escaping my in-laws? Or at least a good enough excuse?

There is a course at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort! It is worth playing. There is also a course on the other side of the Tetons at Grand Targhee Resort. I enjoyed both courses. If you play Grand Targhee, be sure to make time to ride the Dreamcatcher lift to the top to see an amazing view of the Tetons!

Jackson Hole
Grand Targhee

^
grand targhee is somewhat of a drive from jackson (1hr ish, but you can warm up at the 9hole in driggs). both fail at what ski hill courses should be: riding a lift & throwing giant downhill shots (your dream exists, just not here). if your looking for an excuse to get away they are both decent disc golf. be aware you will get a work out climbing up & down the mountain at that elevation.

I played Jackson Hole Mountain Resort's course last September. The resort land is beautiful, but the course itself seemed kind of like an afterthought. Honestly disc golf is not in my top 4-5 list of things I look forward to doing the next time I go back.

GTNP is amazing. Jackson has fantastic bike trails. Snake River is a blast. Disc golf? Not really a highlight of the area.

I really enjoy ski resort courses where I don't have to purchase a lift ticket to play! Apparently Chevis does not agree.

I am the type of player that will NOT miss the opportunity to play a course if I am in the area for more than one day! I play them all.

Here is view of Hole 15 Jackson Hole. It is only 500 feet downhill, not a half mile:

7d31a219.jpg