• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jacksonvill Fl area courses

Dadio

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey All! I Will be in Jacksonville area Mon-Wed next week and want to make best use of time. Figure I can hit 2 to 4 courses and am willing to travel a bit. Thinking about Freedom Park up in Valdosta, GA and Out Yonder Country Club just outside Jacksonville. Any other suggestions or comments? Anyone up for showing an out of towner around? let me know, pm if can meet for a round. Thx!

Dadio!

Fore Palms

Lived in Jacksonville for a summer and Fore Palms DGC is spectacular. Very crowded but great course with 18+ holes. Also if you have extra time, go down to Green Cove Springs and hit Ronnie Van Zant Memorial DGC. It's very nice and has 36 holes. Those are the only two I played while I was there. I loved both of them.

When in Jax Fore Palms is the must play. Try to get there during the week before happy hour to avoid the crouds.

I may be in minority but I also very much like Springfield in downtown Jax. Different than the usual park course.

I played Out Yonder a few months ago and find it over rated for now. The owner seems to have big plans for the place. However, big plans take time & money.

Ronnie Van Zant is meh

My next must play in that area would be Moccasin Creek in Elkton, Fl. Very nice & 25 holes. About an hour south on 95 from Jax.

Freedom Park is a bit meh for the over 100 miles from Jax.
Peter's top 3 for Jax area trip;
Fore Palms, Springfield & Moccasin Creek in that order. You will thank me later.

I live in the Jacksonville courses, two must play courses I would recommend are:

1. Ed Austin Park - Fore Palms
- This course offers a variety of shots, and favors someone with a bigger arm, as it has some par 4 and par 5's depending on the current pin placement.
2. Ronnie Van Zant Memorial Park
- this course is my home course: It has 36 holes, that can be played altogether, or as two separate 18 hole courses. It offers a variety of wooded and open shots, the front 18 are mostly open, and the back 18 are completely wooded. Bring plenty of water, because it gets HOT.

I'll be at RVZ probably every single day
I won't PM you, because I'm not sure what time of the day I can be there on those 3 days next week, but if you happen to see a large white boy with a beard, carrying a Magellan backpack, and wearing a Jacksonville Jaguar hat, that's me. Don't be afraid to ask and join in!

Thx all. RVZ was one I was considering, based on rating and reviews was thinking Out Yonder might be better but maybe not. I'm talish white guy w/ straw hat and oldschool Lightning bag. fairly outgoing, look forward to meeting folks.

I'm hoping to catch a course in Georgia, any suggestions?

Hey All!
Had great fun throwing in Florida. Played 5 full courses from blue or gold tees in three days, had a bad case of noodle arm by the end!
Ended up playing Fore Palms and Springfield first day, Out Yonder and Magnolia 2nd, And T2 Turkeynator@ Bill Fredericks park in Orlando 3rd day. Only one I probably wouldn't play again is Springfield because very basic in bad part of town. Will hit Ronnie Van Zant next time but am not sorry I did combo of Out Yonder and Magnolia second day, good to meet Dan and 2 very cool courses. Reviews to follow. :)

Latest posts