• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

JK Aviar - r-pro?

It's terrible that people hate R-Pro plastic. :? It's so grippy! I can't stand stiff putters, they always blow through the chains.. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want a grippy putter. R-Pro isn't so soft it's completely floppy.

I guess that everyone from back in the day that didn't have really soft plastics can't get away from what their use to. :lol:
I fucking love R-Pro plastic for putters. It's the best putting plastic!

Lithicon said:
It's terrible that people like R-Pro plastic. :? It's so shitty! I can't stand floppy putters, they always blow.. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want a not floppy putter. R-Pro is so soft it's completely floppy.

I guess that everyone from back in the day that didn't have really bad plastics can't get away from what their use to. :lol:
I fucking love zero plastic for putters. It's the best putting plastic!

There you go

Lies, there is nothing bad about the plastic. LOL, personal opinion is everything. But, the only problem anyone "COULD" have with it in general is that it's soft. For a putter this plastic doesn't wear, lol.

Lithicon said:
It's terrible that people hate R-Pro plastic. :? It's so grippy! I can't stand stiff putters, they always blow through the chains.. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want a grippy putter. R-Pro isn't so soft it's completely floppy.

I guess that everyone from back in the day that didn't have really soft plastics can't get away from what their use to. :lol:
I fucking love R-Pro plastic for putters. It's the best putting plastic!

Just because it works for you doesn't mean that it should work for everyone else. You might think R-pro soft crap putters are the greatest things ever, but many people prefer stiff putters because of the consistent release and flight they have. I would wager that 95% of the top pros use firm putters - to me that means something. 8)

I like soft putters but I was disappointed in the feel and durability of R-pro. So I agree with the majority that R-pro=shit. FLX=R-pro. :|

Soft putter lovers, hold your hats when the Vibram X-Link Soft Eco material hits the streets. I was a diehard hypersoft 3x JK Aviar man until I felt it & was IMMEDIATELY converted. The best-feeling putter plastic I have ever handled, & I've thrown 'em all.

veganray said:
Jsw said:
I would wager that 95% of the top pros use firm putters - to me that means something.
Because your skill set is so similar to that of "95% of top pros"? :lol:

:lol: I know that's an easy zinger - But that isn't what I was getting at, at all(see my sig). I'm just stating that they are better putters than you and I both and the vast majority throw firm putters, so cheap shots aside - I put more faith into that than anecdotal love for R-pro. 8)

I haven't found that the equipment used shouldn't determine the release. I believe if you have good form, your release is going to be almost identical regardless. I've used a lot of putters, and my release is always the same no matter what putter I use. I can put just as well with Aviar's as I do with Darts. But, the Darts are softer, and grap the chains WAY better.
The plastic doesn't affect the release in a putter. Soft drivers I could see if affecting release, but that's a whole other story.

Jsw said:
Just because it works for you doesn't mean that it should work for everyone else. You might think R-pro soft crap putters are the greatest things ever, but many people prefer stiff putters because of the consistent release and flight they have. I would wager that 95% of the top pros use firm putters - to me that means something. 8)

I never said it "should" work for everyone. I stated personal preferance is pretty obvious. But, the plastic it's self isn't terrible. I'm saying that people give them a bad wrap, just because it's a softer plastic.
Why do you think some of the pro's go to softer plastic? JK Aviars.... LOL

What do you mean the durability? Unless you're full forcing driving these into a tree from 5'. R-pro has immense durabilty.
I use 175 R-Pro's for driving and approaching, and even in some of the rockiest places has never gouged out like DX plastic. The most I've seen is scuffs and a few little scratch marks from tree's and rocks. I don't see how anyone can say R-pro is less durable than DX. R-pro always goes back to it's shape, and doesn't lose dome either. I know some of these other plastics do.

Lithicon said:
What do you mean the durability? Unless you're full forcing driving these into a tree from 5'. R-pro has immense durabilty.
I use 175 R-Pro's for driving and approaching, and even in some of the rockiest places has never gouged out like DX plastic. The most I've seen is scuffs and a few little scratch marks from tree's and rocks. I don't see how anyone can say R-pro is less durable than DX. R-pro always goes back to it's shape, and doesn't lose dome either. I know some of these other plastics do.
Lucky you. For putting R-pro holds up fine but if you drive with it you can expect some rather quick beat downs. And if possible I like to drive with putters.

Jesse B 707 said:
soft putters are shit. end of discussion

Haha, and I get flamed for saying "its all preference and Pro's like Firmies" :lol:

riverboy said:
Lithicon said:
Lucky you. For putting R-pro holds up fine but if you drive with it you can expect some rather quick beat downs. And if possible I like to drive with putters.

Lol, perhaps you're not reading everything. I say in this post that I clearly use R-Pro's for driving.

Lithicon said:
Lies, there is nothing bad about the plastic. LOL, personal opinion is everything. But, the only problem anyone "COULD" have with it in general is that it's soft. For a putter this plastic doesn't wear, lol.

It isn't so much that there is a putter in R-Pro. Its that they took a very awesome putter in a unique plastic and completely destroyed what was so great about the disc by subbing in the R-Pro.