• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

John's gallery

disctribution said:
Anyone? I fixed the eyes on Yoda, but the background looks a little bare, any input?

Looks good,

I thought about your background question, and can only think of

*stars*

you could just do an extra filled in circle in the background. doesn't even have to be centered, really. it will make him stand out more and fill space. this picture is the closest i could find to what i'm talking about.

bob_builder_34.jpg

Here's a disc I did for a local tournament series, thought I'd share with you guys. The disc is a White Innova Star Sidewinder.

flyingmonkey.JPG

Wow man, I'm a little late on this section but your dye jobs look utterly amazing. The Yoda and Hulk are my favorites. Maybe go with a super light green or blue for the background on yoda?

When I settle down on discs that I want to throw for a long time that aren't DX(tough order to fill) I will definitely send them your way. I'm thinking about getting my star aviar done but it's so slippery that I don't know if I am going to stick with it yet.

A 165 White Star Sidewinder. Now you know my favorite beer.....you're starting to know too much....

newcastle.jpg

disctribution said:
A 165 White Star Sidewinder. Now you know my favorite beer.....you're starting to know too much....

newcastle.jpg

The largest brewery in Finland is a part of the same group that brews Newcastle. Maybe someone will buy you one now that they know what you like :) Do you like nuts? Can you handle chocolate? I had Saranac Black Forest a couple of days ago and it reminded me of Newcastle Brown Ale except it's more chocolate tasting than nuts in the NBA :)

Busted out 3 new ones this evening.

The first one is a 170G Orange Champion Rhyno with a random pattern applied by hand and dyed black.
DSCF0779.jpg

This one is a 175G Pink Star Destroyer with a hypnotic swirl pattern in black.
DSCF0782.jpg

OK, This last one was an experiment. I wanted to try dropping dye in to cells divided by elmers glue to create a sort of "stained glass" look. Unfortunately, despite heating the dyes, only some colors showed up dark. I picked an interesting disc to try this on....
DSCF0783.jpg

A couple new discs deserved a couple new dyes...

First a blue Champion Monarch for a buddy:
DevinsButterfly1.jpg

now, I had a pretty bright pink Monarch I bought. I know it looks a little "light in the loafers" but I think it came out lookin Faaaabulooouuusss.
mybutterfly1.jpg

mybutterfly2.jpg

Let the flames begin.... :lol:

I think they look sick, I'd throw that black one all day...I did just buy one the same extremely bright dayglo-ish colored Monarch the other day :) But my dyes are still packed up and I suck at dying :(

Thanks I can't wait to take them out and...... well take the blue one out anyway. My wife says I must have made the pink butterfly for some hot disc golfin chick. I think she's jealous. :D

Well, I opened the cabinet up and saw all my old dye stuff sitting in there collecting dust so I decided to unpack everything and do some dying. So what's new? Is there an easier method yet? Better dye? Anything?

Latest posts