• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Join me on my distance/weight loss journey.

Getting closer i think. Im still landing darkside some and still getting stuck behind some, but that video and picture comparison made so much sense. Im trying to keep my head focused on my target for longer and i could feel a difference. These throws feel much more powerful/faster. Gonna hershyzer it up some tonight

I usually just take a screen shot and use preview app on Mac.

I have AnalyzrGolf app for cooler stuff.
hmQTjnZ.png

TfYiXWC.png

434w16S.png

pjS2hYt.png

Getting closer i think. Im still landing darkside some and still getting stuck behind some, but that video and picture comparison made so much sense. Im trying to keep my head focused on my target for longer and i could feel a difference. These throws feel much more powerful/faster. Gonna hershyzer it up some tonight
Hop over your rear hip and stay upright leveraged forward off it. You are sinking/collapsing into your rear hip/knee instead of turning back upright. It feels powerful sinking into horsestance, but is super inefficient.

I just use Paint, my markups are a little primitive because of it but I can get my point across.

So right here is exactly the problem. Your left foot step is too far in front of your body...you're leaving your spine and mass behind, literally. Like they are way behind the left foot, and you are turned/twisted back because of it.

Got to move your mass forward from the right foot, catch yourself on the left leg rather than leading your body with the left leg to have to wait, and then it's one leg left leg drill to turn back in leverage.

You're rotating freely as you pop to the left foot, rather than landing on the left leg and using that to turn back. I do think that the open closed throws are a good drill for you because they isolate this. I'm just seeing too many discrete parts in your open/closed throws rather than more flow. Each part of the body movement should happen because of the positions you are in. If you turn back as you move forward, the disc will stay in place...and this will load the hips.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Left Foot Step.jpg
    Left Foot Step.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 43
SW you already do way too much for us so just take this as a curiosity. With those apps is it possible to take the stick figures and make them into a "flip book" similar to what Dr. Chris Yeager videos look like. That would be cool.

I usually just take a screen shot and use preview app on Mac.

I have AnalyzrGolf app for cooler stuff.
hmQTjnZ.png

TfYiXWC.png

434w16S.png

pjS2hYt.png

SW you already do way too much for us so just take this as a curiosity. With those apps is it possible to take the stick figures and make them into a "flip book" similar to what Dr. Chris Yeager videos look like. That would be cool.
It wouldn't remove the video and leave the stick figure. Would be cool though.

Ok wanted to do a few throws before I go to the course. Weight looks more forward here. Starting to realize just how much I need to "hop" into my throw. It is funny imagining what you are doing during the throw, and then watching what really happens during the throw.

I like the shuffle/hop to the left foot a lot more. Keeps you more flowing and your spine inside of your step.

The open/closed is looking better too, more flow again.

I feel like your front side opens as you plant. I think you need to commit to landing closed and almost backwards feeling as you just drop/land down on the plant foot. Your front hip and femur should be more closed, I'm seeing some clockwise rotation which is why I always feel like your throw has disconnected parts. Maybe part of it is trying to stay closed and have the toes touch down and then drop straight down onto the heel and instep. This is a problem for me too, so I know it isn't as easy as just fixing it. I do it pretty correctly in my FH weight shift but I always lift up my foot and place it down weird in BH, and it causes the foot to start to rotate open as I come down rather than keep turning closed as with pro's. Remember though this happens because of how your body is turning, not from you turning the leg itself in the hip socket.

Still leaning back over the rear leg instead of turning back into it. In Open to Closed, your front foot strides left then forward, instead of making a big circle counter clockwise around the rear foot.

Ok makes sense. Now just to try and incorporate it and make it happen. Happy to see its looking a little better though. I love working on form and its the best disc golf decision ive made, but dang is it frustrating haha

Yeah what SW said is bang on reason for what I am seeing. I feel like you aren't balanced on the rear leg quite right like a one leg drill on left leg, so that you can turn back centered on it...which will cause you to continually turn back as you are moving targetward and enable you to land closed.

This part is going to take some work. Cant quite get the feeling of the positions I need to be in. Going to take the day off tomorrow and just play a round. I can only do so much form work before it just turns frustrating which is what im trying to avoid.

You're trying to correct what it looks like in the open/closed throw, but then when you go back to the other throws it's the same thing. It's a fundamental feel difference, you'll know it once you have felt it and it will be repeatable.

I think you are balancing your sternum/chest over your left leg, and that's why you get that tilt back out of posture.

Do one leg drill setup on left leg. Stretch your arms out by your side and lift your right leg. Be 100% stacked spine on left leg. Rotate around with arms out and leg out in balance. Then imagine you are doing RH backswing with your right arm out and let the right leg pivot with you under the arm, however it is balanced. Left arm can be way out to the other side to counterweight. But you should feel how you can be upright on the left leg, and after you turn very closed you can start to leverage off the left instep toward where the target would be behind you.

If you do this and push toward the target behind you, your right leg will eventually have to swing forward to catch your weight in a closed way. It would kick a ball if a ball was there.

Ok im going to try that tonight. I get that feeling of leverage off of left leg when i do standstills, but when i try to incorporate any run up it all goes to heck.

Yeah once I felt how to truly balance on the left leg and how much leverage/turn I could get on that leg even going super slow, it made it so obvious to WAIT until I was in position during the X-step to turn back.

Watch how I start addressed to target then go into the open stance and back to address to swing from.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-KVWfUkQ3s#t=2m35s

I'd like to see Slow Motion Drill. I think you are trying bend your elbow, instead of it bending from the shoulder going forward and disc lagging like door frame.

Latest posts