• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jones Park, Holly Springs, NC

Just heard about it earlier. Anybody know how far along the process is, or who is doing the design? Mr. Houck will be in NC for a couple weeks, amd it sure would be nice to have another one of his courses nearby!

No I was giving him some contact info, not very good contact info but still I tried...

Well, hopefully we won't have the same kind of garbage we have had with a few other Triangle Courses. Crossing fingers...:\

Their web site shows a 24 acre park with multiple activities. My guess is we'll see a very basic 9 hole course, or terrible 18 hole course with the limited space. It is on the same property as an Elementry School so a very basic introductory course is probably in order.

Well...it can't get borked up that badly then...I can go play at 630am until Buckhorn opens up :D

Probably not. If they see you with a large bag on your back on school grounds prior to school they will most likely call homeland security. You do fit the terrorist profile! I don't care what clearance you have. ;)

Chuckster and a couple of other guys are designing it. It's gonna be an 18 holer and should be shorter but not a pitch and putt.

Cool. Sounds good. Maybe it can replace OT Sloan as my putter round course of choice.

i didn't know they were building a park in my honor 3 miles from my house.. and putting a dg course on it? well golly gee. i guess i'll have to ask chuckster if he needs any help out there.

i didn't know they were building a park in my honor 3 miles from my house.. and putting a dg course on it? well golly gee. i guess i'll have to ask chuckster if he needs any help out there.

Very nice. Now you'll have the chance to get your hands dirty, and get that course done early. :D

Bumping this because work has officially started out there. Hole 2 has been rough cut in and is a 270 straight/slight hyzer over water to a wooded green. There are some branches out over the water that need to be trimmed up and the green is very rough. Hole 3 has also started getting cut in. If you're interested in helping out hit up Jaypo on facebook for workday times.

I'd offer to help out, but wouldn't want to bring all my pet ticks from Rock Ridge.

Good to hear things are moving along. Thanks.

it's not far from completion, probably looking at a spring opening from what i can tell. it's 18 holes with some longer shots and par 4's mixed in. certainly bigger than most expected. right now judging from the fairways i'd say it's in between blue and white level but it's hard to tell.

Last edited: