• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

July 26-28th, Where should I play in California that I havent Before.

Mark Horn and Susie Horm told of me of some cool course near Chico that overlooks the San Andreas Fault. Forget the name of it though.

Is that at fieldbrook? Kaleb mentioned a tourney there. I just don't think I want to and I need to be home on Sunday. Might be tough to pull out with that length of drive. Still mulling areas over.

I didn't read all the posts. I saw Grass Valley on your list. Are you going to play the holy trinity up there? You can easily play Penn Valley, Grass Valley, and Auburn in one day. Then zip down I-80 and hit up Rocklin and Shady Oaks in Sac/Citrus Heights. From there you can zip down or up the central valley. If your heading up the valley. You could check out Woodlands course. Not a great course, but a fun one and they have Tuesday random doubles (not sure of time).
A couple notes: I hear the new layout at Rocklin is in, but not sure if the baskets have been placed (two week old info). Shady Oaks is almost a shell of it's former busy a$$ course. Still a great course, but all the undercover police activity has run people off. So for me it's great, because I can get there at any time of day and not have to wait to play.

Enjoy your trip!

Friday and Saturday disc courses. I plan on playing as many as I can in this order or the best order I can think of by said date of trip with one other person. Is it doable? I will try and see. This trip is for just golf. So I will be golfing all 14 hours of daylight. If Im not playing golf I am driving to the next course.

Crane Creek DGC
Cloverdale-KOA Campground
Highland Springs Reservoir
Clear Lake High School DGC
Low Gap Park
Mendocino College DGC
Lake Mendocino - South
Lake Mendocino - North
KOA Campground
Southern Humbolt Community Park
College of the Redwoods DGC
Mendocino High School
Manchester Beach KOA
Anderson Valley Brewing Company
You might want to check on the KOA course in Cloverdale, because I thought it was removed? You mention another KOA. Are you talking about the one in Willits? If so, you will dig it! 15 and 16 are two of my "top 100" holes ever. Well, that's if the wind is blowing and that ridge. As for Crane Creek, if your pressed for time. That's one course you wouldn't mind missing. I'd also bring some Technu or some form of Poison Oak remover, because there is quite a bit on several of the courses you've mentioned.

Last edited:
@Rescue: We've already done Shady and Rocklin and have pretty much done the whole Sacramento area. We're trying to head a little more north and to play a bunch of new courses. For this trip I could see us doing 20+ courses over 3 days.

@Lion: joined a Facebook group for Monterey Stinging Jellies, just waiting approval. I figure someone there could help us out with Old Capital. There doesn't seem to be much info on the web as far as contact information goes.

Crane Creek DGC
Cloverdale-KOA Campground
Highland Springs Reservoir
Clear Lake High School DGC
Low Gap Park
Mendocino College DGC
Lake Mendocino - South
Lake Mendocino - North
KOA Campground
Southern Humbolt Community Park
College of the Redwoods DGC
Mendocino High School
Manchester Beach KOA
Anderson Valley Brewing Company

This is a good list.

I was going to suggest that you knock out everything south of Sacramento on your yet to play list (which isn't a lot). That way all you'd have to do is plan a few road trips north to get every course in Cali.

But, then again, you could probably go get all the Fresno/Modesto region courses on a day and a half trip from LA. So going north to collect some additional courses now would be the way to go.

DSCJNKY

Fast approaching, any ideas or anything we need to know.

yeah. For sure skip the KOA cloverdale. Go to lake sonoma instead. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Well I will be playing golf in 18 hours in the Monterey area. Damn I will be pumped and tired.

Started the day around 7:30am at Cypress Community Church then headed over to Carmel Middle school. I got crushed by Old Sawmill. Just arrived at Eagle Eye

So we ended up playing 8 courses today.

Cypress Community Church
Carmel Middle School
Old Sawmill
Eagle Eye
Echo Valley Elementary
Aptos High School
Bridge to Bridge
Scotts Valley High School

Left Pasadena at 2:30am Thursday morning
500+ miles driven
100+ holes played

On our way to Berkeley to crash at Lion's sisters house

So we played 6 courses on Friday.

Crane Creek
Lake Sanoma
Anderson Valley Brewery
Manchester Beach Koa
Mendecino High School
College of the Redwoods (Fort Bragg)

850+ miles for the trip driven.
190ish holes played for the trip.

Damn, what a trip!

Saturday was an intense day...

Low Gap - really fun course that offered a variety of shots
Mendocino College - with some work this could be so much better
Mendocino Lake South - good course with some tough shots
Mendocino Lake North - short, tough and technical and now 18 holes!
Willits KOA - fun shots and better than we thought it would be
Clear Lake High School - do yourself a favor and never go here
Highland Springs - really good course and a rad way to end the trip

Currently driving back to SoCal. We'll be driving all night.... its gonna be tough. Excellent trip with some epic gold.

21 courses total.... hell yeah!

What a blast! Please review as many of these courses as you can...

20120727_134727.jpg

I'm on the left and Lion on the right. This is after a round and many beers at Anderson Valley Brewery.

The trip was most excellent!

Latest posts