• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Kastaplast Lots

Finally got out to throw my 170g FR last night, and really liked it. WAY more stable than my Falks.

My favorite disc off the shelf is a Pro Thunderbird, straight as an arrow out to 330' with a nice dependable fade FH and BH. Lots is just a hair less HSS, showing a tiny and consistent bit of turn that just results in more forward-penetrating fade. Really seems like a winner.

I'm just starting my field work for the spring, but I'll be comparing it to my Valkyries and Wraiths soon.

I've only thrown my stock run so far, which is supposed to be a hair less stable than the FR. I really enjoy the disc and see fairly similar results to what you mentioned...That being said, I wouldn't throw this disc in a headwind. I gave it a couple throws into one, and with less power than I would typically put on a 9 spd, it turned and burned. Great disc nonetheless.

Wow. Picked up a K1 Lots as my first ever Kastaplast disc this week and brought it out for some scenic quarantine studies and I am blown away.

First of all, the rim shape and depth in this plastic feel so buttery smooth and comfy in the hand, I liked it the second I picked it up. Reminiscent feel in the hand to my FDs in that there's just nothing there to offend the hand. The plastic is also fantastic, add me to the growing list of K1 fans.

The disc flies super far for a 9 speed. Like- defies logic far. Throw it clean and on speed and she'll fly straight as an arrow with a penetrating but reliable fade. Power it up a bit and she does her dance- nice little turn and a picture perfect fade back. The only time I turned it way over was throwing hard into a headwind. By the end of the round I was getting this disc to within a shocking proximity of my max D disc, but with a lot less effort and uncertainty in calculating hyzerflip angles etc.

I think the thing I like is that it doesn't feel like it needs a ton of power to make it go really far but it wants a smooth, clean throw. I am really looking forward to getting to know this disc better, as I'm already loving it for its ease of use, sneaky distance and super clean, forgiving flight. Definitely going to be going right in the bag!

Can you compare it to a Sidewinder?

It depends on the plastic obviously, but I'd say that it's slightly more overstable than a champ sidewinder. That's after only a handful of throws last weekend but as others have said the plastic is fantastic and it feels great in the hand.

I'd say it's significantly more overstable than a sidewinder. The stock run replaced my worn in 1.4 Orion LF, the First run Lots are a hair more overstable.

So are we talking beat-in Thunderbird territory then? A beat-in Thunderbird is my favorite disc and I adore the K1 plastic so I might just have to try this Lots out...:popcorn:

So are we talking beat-in Thunderbird territory then? A beat-in Thunderbird is my favorite disc and I adore the K1 plastic so I might just have to try this Lots out...:popcorn:
I think so, and I just asked a buddy who throws much further than me and he agreed. But they have less HSS than a thunderbird and that's why I compared it to a worn in Orion LF.

I've been saying that a fresh K1 Lots is equivalent to a slightly worn Pro Thunderbird. Pro Thunderbirds were my favorite driver before the Lots came along...

Still haven't gotten to throw it as much as I'd like, what with this rain we've been having, not to mention the deadly virus ravaging the planet..

I've been saying that a fresh K1 Lots is equivalent to a slightly worn Pro Thunderbird. Pro Thunderbirds were my favorite driver before the Lots came along...

Still haven't gotten to throw it as much as I'd like, what with this rain we've been having, not to mention the deadly virus ravaging the planet..

I will agree with this 100% except that I'd say I still would take the Lots 10/10 times for hand feel and plastic. It will be interesting to see how flippy it gets once it really beats in, but it's nice to see a fresh brand new disc have a nice on-FN action IMO.

I will agree with this 100% except that I'd say I still would take the Lots 10/10 times for hand feel and plastic. It will be interesting to see how flippy it gets once it really beats in, but it's nice to see a fresh brand new disc have a nice on-FN action IMO.

That's my hope. The Pro Thunderbird doesn't take too long to get into a sweet spot but then gets flippy too quickly. My favorite Star Thunderbird, on the other hand, took WAY too long to hit the sweet spot but is FINALLY there and awesome. I just don't like having to pay money for "expendable" Pro Thunderbirds and worrying about my money Star Thunderbird...

That's my hope. The Pro Thunderbird doesn't take too long to get into a sweet spot but then gets flippy too quickly. My favorite Star Thunderbird, on the other hand, took WAY too long to hit the sweet spot but is FINALLY there and awesome. I just don't like having to pay money for "expendable" Pro Thunderbirds and worrying about my money Star Thunderbird...

I've read positive things about the durability of the K1, and if it holds its line like champ or star this should last me long enough to be truly useful and not annoyingly fast wearing. I have high hopes!

I've read positive things about the durability of the K1, and if it holds its line like champ or star this should last me long enough to be truly useful and not annoyingly fast wearing. I have high hopes!

K1 is ridiculous. I've absolutely abused a K1 Berg and it's, barely less overstable than when it started. If the plastic is consistent across molds you're good:thmbup:

Has anyone tried a CD2 and can compared it to the Lots?
I used to throw Thunderbirds as my main driver but the last two I got have been so beefy they almost put my faf Firebird to shame.
Same thing with the PD, then tried a Vulture but something about the shape of it didn't really fit me.
Lots is great for straight shots but I already use the Falk for that spot. Looking for something that holds up better in the wind and you can trust to not just drift off to the right on a bad shot. Also need it to fade enough to send it out on a straight shot on the right of the fareway and have it fade in behind the trees guarding the basket.

Off topic: everyone needs to try Lots for forehands, it's amazingly straight. If you find yourself behind some trees on the left side of a tunnel, just FH the Lots on a hyzer release and it will flip up to flat and go laser straight, no movement left or right, kind of like a BH Mako3.

I used to throw Thunderbirds as my main driver but the last two I got have been so beefy they almost put my faf Firebird to shame.
Same thing with the PD, then tried a Vulture but something about the shape of it didn't really fit me.
Lots is great for straight shots but I already use the Falk for that spot. Looking for something that holds up better in the wind and you can trust to not just drift off to the right on a bad shot. Also need it to fade enough to send it out on a straight shot on the right of the fareway and have it fade in behind the trees guarding the basket.

Off topic: everyone needs to try Lots for forehands, it's amazingly straight. If you find yourself behind some trees on the left side of a tunnel, just FH the Lots on a hyzer release and it will flip up to flat and go laser straight, no movement left or right, kind of like a BH Mako3.

If you like kasta, have you tried the Stål?

The only CD2 I tried was s-line, 168 grams, and was a pop-top. It was pretty beefy, and overlapped with my Thunderbird. Much different than my Lots, which flies more how you describe. If you haven't tried one, maybe the Discraft/PMcB Anax would fit the bill. The prototype I threw didn't have as much fade as the numbers suggest. It had good glide and more of a penetrating fade.

What you describe is a L64 Culverin, try it Opto or GL. It'll turn slightly but always comes back, basically like a smaller rimmed PFN Orc.

I used to throw CD2s, and there some that fly as you want but they're just so inconsistent.. that said, I have a almost new RT1 that's more stable than my Lots just sitting here, if you're interested...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love flat s line cd2s. The more pop top a cd2, the more over stable. I've only thrown my k1 lots a few times, but it's similar to a flat to mild dome cd2 so far. I think the cd2 feels much better in hand, especially for FH than the lots. The lots has a little more glide and a little less speed than my cd2s.

I've been throwing cd2s and lots FH this year. The plastic makes a big difference with a cd2. I have 2 gline that are a tick or two flippier than the lots, and a cline that is a tick more stable than the lots... it has just a hair more hss and noticeably more fade so it finds the ground sooner.

The S-Line cd2 I lost last year was between the gline and the lots iirc.

I am a long time CD2 thrower. I have not been a big fan of the domey ones, and I have not been a big fan of the C lines lately either.

I only have 1 lots, and am using it for almost everything. What I would have thrown stable CD2s for, its taking some teebird shots, and pairs very nicely with my beat in anax.
My single Lots flys like a moderate dome S line (like 2nd swirly run) CD2. Flips up and turns some but very predictable fade, can handle a lot of power too

Just got a lots to try. Reminds me a lot of a fresh OLS. Doesn't turn as much as it slides right, then slides back left.

I think this is gonna be a great woods disc, seems to be one of those holds any line type of flights, and doesn't dump hard at all.

Latest posts