• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Reko

Getting two pairs tomorrow. It's kind of a mixed feeling, as I've been doing just fine with Judges for the last, oh idk, 5-6 years…. So the switch wouldn't exactly be warranted. But I've been tinkering with more of a spin putt, and something a little more shallow could benefit from that (almost pulled the trigger on some Maidens a while back).

Maybe they'll be throwers, too, though I tend to only throw premium plastic, even in putters. Shrugs. We will see where this takes us.

Just as an aside, Maidens are great. Dead straight upshots out to 100' or so. They replaced the Judge for me because I like the shallower feel.

Excellent question. FB just says release date. I'm not overly savvy with this stuff. ParPlastics (US Katsta retailer) is in my town, so I'm just gunna hit them up. I believe it is a wide spread drop, so I imagine "your favorite retailer" should have them also.

Thanks for this - I ordered several from Par Plastics yesterday!

The mint green FR Kastaplast have is a genius move. . .a big store here in Sweden got over 600pc of the FR REKO X and it sold out in a few sec.

Just picked up my first Reko last weekend, such a great disc. Now I'm really looking forward to the Reko X. Anyone know what the bead situation is for the X?

Just back from my first throws with the REKO X and it flies like a REKO but have a hock at the end. .
It´s not super OS but for me it goes as far as the REKO ut ends up a few meters left of the REKO

Just back from my first throws with the REKO X and it flies like a REKO but have a hock at the end. .
It´s not super OS but for me it goes as far as the REKO ut ends up a few meters left of the REKO

Does it feel the same in the hand?

Reko X is the blue one. .

attachment.php

Attachments

• reko.JPG
    reko.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 159
Just picked up my first Reko last weekend, such a great disc. Now I'm really looking forward to the Reko X. Anyone know what the bead situation is for the X?

The bead is more obvious in the X IMO. The disc is a hair deeper - still feels great in hand to me. I generally prefer shallow headless putters for reference.

Thanks for the info, i think im gonna have to feel one before i buy one.

Threw a couple of the Reko X's today (K1). They fly nice and not as overstable as I was expecting after watching a Youtube review.

They do feel perhaps 1-2mm wider in the hand than a Reko, and the rim is very different.

I forced myself to abandon my beloved K1 Soft Berg and used the Reko X for every upshot. It was fine. I'm not sure I need it with a Pyro, A2 and Berg in the bag, but it's a nice thrower.

Slight necro bump (I'd say after a year, it was pretty necro...)

Started throwing the Rekos in the fall and they're wonderful discs. Plastic is of course spectacular and the K3 I throw for my understable putter is beating in really well. But the DARN THINGS GLIDE WAY TOO MUCH. Not so much a complaint as much as it is a surprise! Powered up, they go a mile. Powered down, I can't get it to stop! I guess that's why the Berg exists, but just shouting out one of the most underrated molds out there in my opinion. :thmbup:

Slight necro bump (I'd say after a year, it was pretty necro...)

Started throwing the Rekos in the fall and they're wonderful discs. Plastic is of course spectacular and the K3 I throw for my understable putter is beating in really well. But the DARN THINGS GLIDE WAY TOO MUCH. Not so much a complaint as much as it is a surprise! Powered up, they go a mile. Powered down, I can't get it to stop! I guess that's why the Berg exists, but just shouting out one of the most underrated molds out there in my opinion. :thmbup:

Reko are amazing.

What a great all around performer.

I'd put it in my top 5 putters of All Time

Rekos are dope. One of my fav throwing putters in K1.

Honestly, I like them because they are a bit less glidey as compared to something like a Proxy; or at least I seem to overshoot things less with the reko versus a proxy.

I just wish I jived with putting with them, in either K3 plastic. But, I'm so used to the judge, and the judge glides a bit better than the Reko for putting, imo.

Rekos are dope. One of my fav throwing putters in K1.

Honestly, I like them because they are a bit less glidey as compared to something like a Proxy; or at least I seem to overshoot things less with the reko versus a proxy.

I just wish I jived with putting with them, in either K3 plastic. But, I'm so used to the judge, and the judge glides a bit better than the Reko for putting, imo.

My goal was to find something really similar to an Aviar P&A, but where the premium plastic doesn't make it a different mold. It's similar enough to the P&A, K3 feels almost exactly like the K1 in the hand, and I quite like the micro-bead.

Got back into playing for the first time in awhile, as the nudges to do so kicked up. Went to a local pro shop and it just felt right in the hand. Putted and threw the Reko and it feels perfect. My only complaint is it took my so long to find and fall in love with it.

Been putting with K3 hards since December. They're a real "goldilocks" putter for me in terms of stability and glide.

Been putting with K3 hards since December. They're a real "goldilocks" putter for me in terms of stability and glide.
That's exactly my sentiment. I'd like to get one for approaches and one for driving, next as it's really been refreshing to have confidence in my putting. (Now I just gotta get driving and my mid range game back which I didn't have anyway lol).